• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Headlight how-to

This is similar to the how-to that was on the old (?) site. It also a good idea to clear coat your work afterwards because they will haze back up.

i've never had much need for this. i wash my car every week, and scrub the headlights manually with bon ami (available at most grocery stores, in powder form), which keeps my headlights in great condition, appearing new.

just did this today on my slightly hazed headlight. But instead of using 3M rubbing compound I gave neu finish sratch remover a try. Worked faily well. Looks a lot better than before, that is for sure.

Can we sticky this thread?

Last edited:
just did this today on my slightly hazed headlight. But instead of using 3M rubbing compound I gave neu finish sratch remover a try. Worked faily well. Looks a lot better than before, that is for sure.

Can we sticky this thread?

Did you use it on the monitor, looked like it works as a letter remover also!:laugh:

+1 on the sticky-icky, seems that a lot of people are finding this useful....

Last edited:
I would add that you should finish the job by applying some wax or better yet, sealant to the headlights. I use Klasse All-In-One, but Zaino, Meguiars, etc will do the job.

My headlights kept getting hazy again until I did this.

I just want to make sure I understand correctly. After you use the rubbing compound, you use a polish like Meguiars PlastX, then you apply some clear coat. I'm just making sure that you can use the clear coat after the PlastX without any problems. Thanks for any help, I'm a clear coat Noob.

-Aaron

Back