• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale Headers, Exhaust and Shocks For Sale

23racer

CEG'er
:cry: After much internal debate and teeth gnashing, I have finally decided to stop being a miser and sell some of the spares that I will never need and allow them to move on to a new home where they will be appreciated and I hope used in the manner to which they were intended.

The first things to go is what I believe to be the complete stainless steel hand fabricated header and exhaust system from the Mirko Contour that was used in the World Challenge series. These one of a kind headers are constructed to the highest standards with anti-reversion cones, stepped pipes and Burns venturi Collectors. They have bungs for O2 sensors and finish off in 2 1/2 collectors. They are very long tube headers and wrap around the passenger side of the oil pan. They are about the best set of headers that are available for the 2.5L V6 Contour/Cougar vehicle. They are designed to work with a race exhaust that consists of an X-pipe and true duals through hand made mufflers to dumps that drop the exhaust just before the rear sub frame. They are better constructed than the ones I have on my car, but I can't use the set as the exhaust routes right through where my fuel cell is. The Mirko car made about 15 more HP than mine does using this setup.

I am offering these at a super price in the hope that they will go to someone who will use them properly. I am looking for $800 for the headers and $200 for the exhaust system.

I have also decided to sell my brand new set of custom made double adjustable Morrisdampers. These are bolt in for all Contours, Cougars and early 2000 era Focus'. They have remote gas cartridges and adjustable bases to set ride height. They require you to charge them with nitrogen, set the ride height and use 2 1/2 ID by 7 or 8 inch springs. Like I said before, these are brand new and never been used. They are completely rebuildable and adjustable for both compression and rebound. They are a very beefy design and will easily stand up to all road use. I will go over to the shop and take pictures of the front and rears. I was going to adapt them for use in my RX7, but decided not to Butcher them. I just want to see them used by someone who appreciates them. I am looking for $800 for all four.

Prices are F.O.B. Oakville Ontario and as the shipping may be costly, I am willing to work with purchasers to get them to you in as cost effective way as possible.

You can P.M. me here or send me an email at eric.nummelin at helaspice dot com if you are interested or have any questions. If they don't sell here in the next 2 weeks, I will put them on EBay.

Eric

Attachments

• Header%20Flange%2&#4.JPG
    Header%20Flange%2&#4.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Header%20Flange..JPG
    Header%20Flange..JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Header%20front%20&#.JPG
    Header%20front%20&#.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Anti_ReversionCh&#97.jpg
    Anti_ReversionCh&#97.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 0
I have no issues delivering everything to a Windsor address personally. I really appreciate that you want it for your grip Cougar. If you want any other assistance, such as setup notes, spring rates and other things that I have for my car, let me know. This is a very quick and relatively inexpensive way to make your car well above the norm.

Eric

I noticed in your photo thread that you broke a short side axle. That is a problem when you lower this chassis some. The shaft bottoms out in the gearbox and can wreck the diff or break the shaft. My car had to get custom made shafts for both sides. I still have the blueprints somewhere if you are interested.

Other than that, your car looks great.

Eric

For those of you who have asked for more information and pictures, here are the shots of the Morissdampers Front and Rear and the rest of the exhaust. I just noticed that themufflers are constructed out of aluminium and the exhaust has the nicest TIG welding I have seen on an exhaust.

Eric

Attachments

• Morissdamper Fro&#11.jpg
    Morissdamper Fro&#11.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 0
  • Morissdamper Rea&#114.jpg
    Morissdamper Rea&#114.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Cougar Race Exhau&#1.jpg
    Cougar Race Exhau&#1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 0
This is killing me! Ive got cash in hand for everything and no response as to weather or not this stuff is still available?

Sorry. I am not on the internet or checking emails all the time. As things presently stand, I have an agreement with our Dearborn buddy to deliver the parts to him shortly. If the deal falls through, I will contact you immediately.

Let me go and check through all my spares to see if there is anything else that I have thats surplus. I do know that I have a complete SDS Programmeable ecu and coils set up for the car that I am not using and more than likely won't. It came of the ex WC Contour and all setup to make 292 hp with the high compression 2.5L. My car uses a Ford programmed EEC IV unit that allows my car to make 285+ hp with the stock coils. If that is of interest to anybody, let me know. I have never run it, but it all looks pretty trick. I am trying to get it set up enough so that I can pull the MAPs out of it to see how they compare to the ones in my EEC IV unit.

Eric

oh this schtuffs sold! dont count on this one falling through! i worked 90 hours last week for this. only slept 7 hours since friday after working the the Orion festival security, but i kept tellin myself.....LONGTUBES!

LOL, just don't kill yourself. Oh yeah, these aren't long tubes, these are long long tubes! The bling and performance of the shocks will transform your ride as well. In my car, I have Dynamic 3 ways, Mosport is like a billiard table and the car ca drive straight over the curbs with no issues. In my RX7 with Koni's, its bouncing and bobbing like a power boat. Put the exhaust on the car, find a way to quiet it down and put a cat on it. The car should be totally transformed.

Eric

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back