• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Headers anyone?

SicSE

Veteran CEG'er
DSC01020.jpg

These headers have been sitting on a work bench in our shop for over a year. They belong to a salesman who basically doesn't want to pay the money to have them installed. I have to walk by them day-in and day-out without taking them & putting them on MY Contour. I asked him today what he would sell them for and he said he wouldn't. Then when I asked him what he paid for them, he said nothing - they were free. :rolleyes: Of course, he also said that he's working with Castrol to formulate new oil and countless other outrageous claims... but still, there his headers sit, collecting dust... taunting me. :mad:

I asked him today what he would sell them for and he said he wouldn't. Then when I asked him what he paid for them, he said nothing - they were free. :rolleyes: Of course, he also said that he's working with Castrol to formulate new oil and countless other outrageous claims... but still, there his headers sit, collecting dust... taunting me. :mad:

I might be interested. Why not put them on yours? Got more pics?

DSC01021.jpg

DSC01024.jpg

DSC01023.jpg

That last one is the collector in the y-pipe. I can't believe they made these beautiful headers & then didn't radius where the other secondary comes in at an angle. :nonono:

SHM long tubes:shocked: :shocked: :drool: i havent seen those since Pete had them on his svt...a LONG time ago.
iirc they were around 1k dollars back in the day,maybe 800:shrug: and you had to notch your subframe for them to work.

SHM long tubes
Don't tell that to the salesman... first he told me that "Buster from Exotic Exhaust made them" for him. A minute or so later, he said that Don Chromer made them. :rolleyes: Seems like he talks so much **** that he can't keep his stories straight.

Don't tell that to the salesman... first he told me that "Buster from Exotic Exhaust made them" for him. A minute or so later, he said that Don Chromer made them. :rolleyes: Seems like he talks so much **** that he can't keep his stories straight.

Ugh I've met people like that and even had one as a roommate.

The crazy thing is that he gave me a phone number that is supposed to be this guy's number. I'm no where near able to spend the kinda money that these things would cost, but I HAVE to call this number & see who I talk to.

you should!! sean hyland motorsports hasn't made anything for the tour for like 8 years,maybe 9. i'd be interested in seeing who made them,and how much.

I wonder if he knows how much they are worth and how fast he would sell them if he did haha. $1000 long tubes sitting on the bench? I can't imagine having to walk past those every day.

if i worked where you worked i would just casually walk by, snatch them up and the boss would never see my skinny white ass again.....but thats just me

At first I was thinking that some retard wants to know if other V6 headers fit in a Contour again. LOL! I didn't even recognize those it's been so long.

At first I was thinking that some retard wants to know if other V6 headers fit in a Contour again. LOL! I didn't even recognize those it's been so long.

ROFL! I was thinking the same thing. I had to go back to the Gallery on the main page to make sure they were indeed SHM headers.

Back