• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hardware

Beans

Addicted CEG'er
Where can i source some exhaust hardware from the headers to y-pipe? ..and from the cat to the exhaust? My stuff is rusted away, and i might need to burn out the exhaust bolts they are so bad..

Or even if someone can give me sizes, i can get some stuff from mcmaster-carr

Where can i source some exhaust hardware from the headers to y-pipe? ..and from the cat to the exhaust? My stuff is rusted away, and i might need to burn out the exhaust bolts they are so bad..

Or even if someone can give me sizes, i can get some stuff from mcmaster-carr

Just go up to an Ace store and buy SS bolts. Done deal..thats what i did :cool:

I put 3/8-16 stuff on my car when i installed everything. I also had an unlimited supply of hardware at work so i replaced the stuff whenever it rusted. My car also didn't see the winter time....didn't see many summers either :(

I believe the hardware is M8x1.75 I think please don't quote me on that. If you can salvage one bolt take it to the hardware store and find the right stuff in SS like mentioned above.

I put 3/8-16 stuff on my car when i installed everything. I also had an unlimited supply of hardware at work so i replaced the stuff whenever it rusted. My car also didn't see the winter time....didn't see many summers either :(

I believe the hardware is M8x1.75 I think please don't quote me on that. If you can salvage one bolt take it to the hardware store and find the right stuff in SS like mentioned above.

Whenever I replace anything like that, I always make sure to replace it with metric hardware. Just so that I dont have to open two different drawers on the tool box, and for uniformity purposes(OCD). Just my personal preference though, nothing wrong with replacing them with standard nuts and bolts either.

Back