• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Had Emissions today with gutted precats..

IL is so cheap to put pipe sniffers on 96+ cars. so as long as they do a ecu test your good. as a matter of fact i hear they are dropping tests on certin year cars soon. pre 96 i wanna say. i have very creditable sources

Last edited:
Illinois doesn't do emissions testing either... outside Chicagoland anyway.

When I lived up there, I didn't have to do any emissions testing for the first four or five years because my car registration was still down here. I think I only had to get tested once or twice over the eight years I was up there.

I passed chicago emissions with blown rings, running rich, burning oil, blowing white and blue smoke, fully built n/a motor. It was a '94 integra, so they had to dyno it... I still passed :p IL emissions are pretty lame.

Everyone says they passed with all these bad problems, yet my mother's 99 SE with a melted o2 sensor failed test after test. Finally the idiots at Ford (extended warrenty) found the sensor problem and fixed it after faulting the Ford Racing wires and the open air filter.

Back