• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

H&R/BAT Issues

bhiggs89

Veteran CEG'er
I went ahead and replaced the stock suspension a couple months ago, and decided to go with the BAT struts and H&R springs because I liked the "raked" look. I replaced the shock mounts at the same time. Immediately after installing everything I noticed that the back end was lower than the front, and the front still had some wheel gap. I just figured that the suspension needed time to settle for everything to look how it was supposed to. Well fast forward to 2 months later and it still looks the same, maybe even worse.

Has anyone else had any problems with this combo? Is this a strut issue, or spring issue? The top 1/2"-3/4" of the rear tires are tucked up in the fender, while there is about 1-1/2-2" gap on the front tires.

I can't complain with the performance, it handles amazingly, especially compared to the severely blown/broken stock combo. But I spent extra to get the look I wanted, and got the opposite.

sounds like you might be missing the spring seat in the rear. the mount alone will fit the springs but the rear will sit too low.

sounds like you might be missing the spring seat in the rear. the mount alone will fit the springs but the rear will sit too low.

I don't remember reading anything about a spring seat when I was doing the research. The spring/strut combo that came out didn't have any parts on it that the spring/strut combo that went in. Maybe thats why it always sat lower in the rear?

Thanks for the help.

I cant find any good pics at the moment but there is 2 pieces to the rear mount, the mount itself and the spring seat.

Back