• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group Buy: Interest Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBEN

Hard-core CEG'er
The product that I am making is already designed and in the shop to be cut so It will be done by the end of the week.

I am making a Plate that replaces the rear Ford Emblem and gives you a flat surface to relocate your SVT Emblem there. (SVT Emblem Not Included) This allows you to Place your SVT Emblem where the Ford Emblem goes and give in a sense, debadge the car at the same time. You will need this part if you want to replace your Ford Emblem with your SVT Emblem so the SVT Emblem sits flat. By just painting over the ford Emblem and sticking the SVT emblem on, the top and bottom the emblem do not touch and leave a nasty looking gap.

The part will be cut from Aluminum. It will be precision cut on a CNC machine so it will fit in the place of the ford emblem EXACTLY!

PRICE: $20 shipped

You can not buy this part anywhere and it will cost much more than $20 to get one custom made in this quality.

Picture of what it looks like painted. T-Red

SVTwithozsandSE016.jpg

JeffSVT005.jpg

(Pictures Courtesy of Reebs)

Interest Check:
--------------------------

Last edited:
Interest Check:
1. Jeff... I am in for 2 or 3 for sure!

I have been waiting for these for so long and I want to do this mod on all my SVT's. It looks really good as well with just the aluminum plate but I painted mine body color on my last SVT so the SVT would stick out more. Does anyone else have any pics of this on your SVT to use as examples?

X2..Some up close shots would be great..So we can see alittle more clearly..IIRC ive seen somthing like this before..

I will post some close up pics from my car. A few of these are floating around from back in the day, so it wouldn't suprise me if you have seen them. I loved mine on my last SVT. It makes the trunklid look so clean. I am sure Ben will post up some pictures of the product uninstalled and installed once it is completed.

I know I am in for at least 2 though! I may actually buy more while they are available to make sure I have them around because I go through so many SVT's. :laugh:

Ok cool..Im assuming this has a double sided tape on back?

I prefer to use clear automotive molding adhesive which is very durable and won't fall off during a car wash ect... mine stayed fine on my SVT for a year or two before I sold it and it is still fine to this day. I don't think I would recommend using double sided tape?!?! :shrug: My guess is it would be up to each person to decide how he/she adheres it. I just used the automotive adhesive to hold the plate in where the ford emblem goes and I used the same stuff to adhere the SVT emblem to the plate. It works perfectly and takes about 5 minutes. Popping out the ford emblem is easy as well. Although I sliced my finger open while taking the last one out! :laugh:

If you're interested, then throw your name on the list!

I will definately post up some pictures at every desired angle after the part is completed...
UPDATE: the machine shop is VERY busy this week (which is good for them) so Every machine is being used. The part will be made as soon as one of the machines frees up for me to go in and cut the part.

Interest Check:
2. SVT Loki
3. Schattastic SVT
4. ctmystique (I'll take 2)

Just let me know when they are ready.

i just got the first two and im doing them in reflectors im painting for cegrs and they look way better than that ford emblem, ben i need 1 more when the rest are ready
thanks ben nice job

Last edited:
Interest Check:
2. SVT Loki
3. Schattastic SVT
5. redlitesvt (1 or 2)
6. bagged

New Updated List. And thanks for the compliments bagged. Glad you like them!

i just got the first two and im doing them in reflectors im painting for cegrs and they look way better than that ford emblem, ben i need 1 more when the rest are ready
thanks ben nice job

I can't wait to take pictures of my rear end once you finish up my reflector and we get this plate in. The relocated SVT emblem along with your magical skills with a can a spray paint are just too sexy. :) I'll get pics up soon ben, as soon as bagged finishes my reflector and blacks out my chrome strip.

Interest Check:
2. SVT Loki
3. Schattastic SVT
5. redlitesvt (1 or 2)
6. bagged
7. 99redsvt

New Updated List.

Status
Not open for further replies.