• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

graduating and moving to chicago.

CSVT2000

CEG'er
i am graduating on may 22. i am so ready to get out of school and do something different. therefore i am moving to chicago (glendale heights) to attend UTI for automotive technician. i was just wondering if there is anyone in the glendale heights area that i could meet up with if i ever have any problems with my car while i'm down there. obviously i will have a good hold on doing the stuff becasue i am very mechanic minded but just incase i have some issues i can't figure out it would be nice to have somone to call on.

I am 10 minutes away, in elk Grove village.

shoot a pm or something if need be.

Yeppers, we're neighbors. I'm in Carol Stream Illinois. Used to live right where you'll probably be staying (Stonegate Apartments).

Last edited:
thanks for the info. i might have to meet up with some of you when i move down there to see what kind of setup you all have.

I hate you, I'm actually looking for another beater now that the Lexus might be getting sold soon.

The 66 on Armytrail by UTI or the one down by Armytrail and County Farm?

Last edited:
i am graduating on may 22. i am so ready to get out of school and do something different. therefore i am moving to chicago (glendale heights) to attend UTI for automotive technician. i was just wondering if there is anyone in the glendale heights area that i could meet up with if i ever have any problems with my car while i'm down there. obviously i will have a good hold on doing the stuff becasue i am very mechanic minded but just incase i have some issues i can't figure out it would be nice to have somone to call on.

I live down in Peoria, about 3 hours away.

But one of the guys I work with is from Glendale Heights.

If you guys get a big meet together during the summer sometime, we can go up there, he's got a pretty nice 3000GT and is getting a R6.

Sounds like a good excuse for a Hooters meet:cool:
we could do something along those lines.

there is a black svt over by the phillips 66 that never moves make an offer on it
i would love to start a collection of contours like some people have on here but my pocket book really isnt in the market.

UTI, oh boy... :laugh: jk it's a decent school. you'll have a lot of fun. how much is tuition now days?
i hope its a decent school...especially for the $26000 it cost in tuition!:shocked:

I live down in Peoria, about 3 hours away.

But one of the guys I work with is from Glendale Heights.

If you guys get a big meet together during the summer sometime, we can go up there, he's got a pretty nice 3000GT and is getting a R6.
does he have a vr4 for is it jsut a base model?

I hate you, I'm actually looking for another beater now that the Lexus might be getting sold soon.

The 66 on Armytrail by UTI or the one down by Armytrail and County Farm?

the one kind of near county farm & armytrail, if your driving down armytrail towards carol stream it's the one right there, as you pass the gas station look to your right and there it is just chilln

$26K ? that's it? what program you taking? i took auto/diesel/industrial and it cost me $29K

i'm not sure how much exactly...i'm taking just the automotive program for right now. i think i might take one of the msats later but they dont cost money if you get accepted into them. i was going to do that same program as you did but i dont want anything to do with working on heavy equipment or big trucks so i am just going to take the automotive only program for now.

i'm not sure how much exactly...i'm taking just the automotive program for right now. i think i might take one of the msats later but they dont cost money if you get accepted into them. i was going to do that same program as you did but i dont want anything to do with working on heavy equipment or big trucks so i am just going to take the automotive only program for now.

if you're planning on getting accepted into an msat, you might want to consider doing diesel. with the economy and all, they're not taking in too many students like they used to, and it will look good on your resume. plus, almost every auto manufacture has at least one diesel vehicle. what manufactures are you looking at when you finish?

p.s. attendance is key! it's the number one thing the ATRs look at.

if you're planning on getting accepted into an msat, you might want to consider doing diesel. with the economy and all, they're not taking in too many students like they used to, and it will look good on your resume. plus, almost every auto manufacture has at least one diesel vehicle. what manufactures are you looking at when you finish?

p.s. attendance is key! it's the number one thing the ATRs look at.

The thing with taking the diesel program is that its only like 3 weeks of "diesel". the other 12 weeks is heavy equipment and truck stuff like air systems and hydrolics wich i wont need in the car, suv, and pickup truck world. I am looking at either Porsche, VW, BMW, or Mercedes. I would like to get into a european dealership(that is if i go into a dealership) and those are the ones that are in my area close to home. but what i would really like to do is the performance end of the spectrum. if anyone knows of a performance shop in the tristate area i will be looking for a job in August of 2010.

well... mercedes dropped out of the msat program because of the economy, and canceled all classes that were schedualed to begin after april first. ask me how i know :blackeye: so i wouldn't plan on getting any training from them.

but i got accepted into BMW STEP instead which is why my profile says orlando, fl. just started the begining of the month. the good thing with BMW is it offers you 100% of the training you need to become master certified. none of the other msats offer that.

Back