• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gotta love skinny fingers!

94ex

CEG'er
So I had to change the plugs today, gonna roll over 100k on the trip back to school in the burque, and man am I glad that I don't have fat fingers! The back three plugs were a ****** to change! #2 was the hardest I thought I was going to have to take off the coil. Other than that all went well, should hopefully see some better mileage on the trip down. End of little rant, have a good day/night.

heh... I always clean the UIM/LIM when changing plugs. It's MUCH easier to get to the rear bank with the UIM out of the way.

I just did the same thing a few days ago but I used a plug socket with the rubber thingy in it and didn't need to worry about using my fingers to reach down in there. The hardest thing for me was getting the stinkin' wires off the plugs! THAT was a PITA:laugh:

On the bank along the firewall, I'd just break the tension and then pull the socket off the extension and do it by hand the rest of the way. :shrug: My hands are anything but small....

especially if they are old...mine came off nice and easy b/c I kept trying different plugs...I think the 13k miles I put on the car...I went through about 13 set of plugs.

On the bank along the firewall, I'd just break the tension and then pull the socket off the extension and do it by hand the rest of the way. :shrug: My hands are anything but small....

Thats how I had to do it too. Contour & big hands FTL. Bank 1 upper o2 meant one sore left hand.

Can't be as bad as my Magnecors. One on the front bank got so tight it ripped in half when it finally gave! Half of the boot was still on the plug. I tried twisting, pulling, cussing at it, everything! What I was left with was a useless set of $$$ wires.

especially if they are old...mine came off nice and easy b/c I kept trying different plugs...I think the 13k miles I put on the car...I went through about 13 set of plugs.

He makes so much money with his used car lot he can afford to do things like that.

yes...those were expensinve plugs (sarcasm) you missed my huge used inventory blow out. Comeon down to Taylor's cul-de-sac-o-cars.

I sold the Tahoe and the Maxima...we are a 2 car family now.

NOT!!! I have made money off of VERY few cars...like the Tahoe and the WRX...that's about it. I have lost on everything else.

The Tahoe was purely to see if I could flip one for profit. It worked, but you have to be QUICK on good deals. I tried to get a 73 Mercedes SLC coupe hardtop. Good shape, not perfect for 1900. It sold in like 1 hr though!!!

Back