• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Got the Hoist up

Bugzuki

Veteran CEG'er
Finally got the hoist up a couple months ago. Shop is slowly moving forward. I guess I got the doors on now too. Started painting.

Now I need to get the electrical permit so I can get some power out the besides the extension cords.

ShopHoist.jpg

Obviously I still have a couple spots to finish on the siding. First things first though.

ShopContour.jpg

http://www.hybridaction.com/Paul_CSVT/1998_Ford_Contour_SVT.htm

I need to gut my cats. I have a code that keeps coming back that one of them is inefficient. Might as well gut them, since I need to put the miliminator on it anyways. I also need to put the H&R springs on I got from DDV. I just have to get a spring compressor and firgure out a chamber adjustment mechanism.

I have some cheapo Shucks spring compressors. I have used them when I put the Svt Springs and struts on my SE. If for some strange reason you are in the area you can borrow them. I don't plan on doing suspension any time soon.

I am up for them. I did my S&S in about 2 hours if memory serves me correct. That was also with no air tools. Almost no air tools. I put the springs on the struts at my parents house with air tools. The rest was on me. I need a hobbie and sold my toy to buy a bigger toy (sold mx6 to buy 76F250). Never happened wife got the money first and it was gone.

If anyone needs help in the near future let me know. Due to the job situation I have nothing holding me back. Ok well a little bit. If my wife has the day off I am open.

I have some cheapo Shucks spring compressors. I have used them when I put the Svt Springs and struts on my SE. If for some strange reason you are in the area you can borrow them. I don't plan on doing suspension any time soon.

I would take you up on that offer, but that would require two trips to Lynden. It would probably save me money to buy some compressors then to spend that much gas money, sorry. I have not made it up there since I moved out of Mount Vernon. I have been to the Lynden fair a bunch.

Man, that's coming along nicely!

Wonder if I could "borrow" it to install my oil pan?

:)

Thanks, it is a ton of work. I would not mind having people over to use the hoist, when I am not using it, of course.

I see some CEG garage days in your future.

Garage days would be fun. I would just have to warn everyone up front that they would have to be sober events. Sorry no drinking at the Wyndham's house.

I like the idea of sober events when it comes to car club meetings. I will not put up with drinking and driving. I will not allow people to drink around my kids either.

I see some CEG garage days in your future.

How about a CEG Garage Day to help you put some siding up? I for one would be happy to put in a little sweat equity in return for getting to know some local CEGers and maybe even the distant hope of doing some projects together (on the lift, of course).

How about a CEG Garage Day to help you put some siding up? I for one would be happy to put in a little sweat equity in return for getting to know some local CEGers and maybe even the distant hope of doing some projects together (on the lift, of course).

That would be sweet. I would be glad to trade some help for shop/hoist use. You just have to promise not to laugh at my poor concrete job.

I have siding, painting, electrical, light fixtures, Trim, Move Air Compressor out there and some other odds and ends. Then some other stuff to do after the final inspection:shrug: . (Insulation, Loft, sink, stuff like that that would have made the permit much more expensive.) Hope nobody on here is a building inspector.

I haven't swung a hammer in a while so that might be dangerous, but I'm kind of anal so I'm good for electrical & painting. Sunday mornings are out. Other than that, name your day and I'll see if I can fit it in.

Man, how do you drowned out the pain from smashing your knuckles into something full force w/o a beer? :D
Drink a root beer. :laugh: Shop looks great Paul, I almost have all the parts for the trans swap. Now I see what we will be working with and that lift should help out quite a bit. All I need is the clutch and flywheel. I'll be in touch.
-tropictour

I haven't swung a hammer in a while so that might be dangerous, but I'm kind of anal so I'm good for electrical & painting. Sunday mornings are out. Other than that, name your day and I'll see if I can fit it in.

I use air tools also.

I do have an air nail gun. So, you don't have to swing a hammer too often. I have lots of light fixtures to put up.

Man, how do you drowned out the pain from smashing your knuckles into something full force w/o a beer? :D

I have pain medication, my wife has some precoset or something.

We could have a bbq or pizza or something. I have to rebuild my brother's Tahoe Tranny right away. So, maybe we could plan for a work party on the 29th of March. That gives everyone some time to plan for it. Maybe start around 11:00 am or something.

If you want to bring family, that would be great. I have about 1/4 acre, swings, prampoline, video games, air hockey, dogs, cats, ferret, bunny, lots of toys, 4 kids (girl 13, girl 11, girl 9, boy 8), rip sticks, roller blades, bike path(not mine), small park near by.

Drink a root beer. :laugh: Shop looks great Paul, I almost have all the parts for the trans swap. Now I see what we will be working with and that lift should help out quite a bit. All I need is the clutch and flywheel. I'll be in touch.
-tropictour
Sounds good let me know when you are ready. And we will schedule something.

Back