• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Got smoked by a Saturn ION Reline stage II

I almost bought one.. but just could not deal with the dash in the middle.
that is one of the things i LOVED about ours. you would be suprised at how much better you can see what is going on with that design. I would seriously own another one of those cars in a heartbeat.

that is one of the things i LOVED about ours. you would be suprised at how much better you can see what is going on with that design. I would seriously own another one of those cars in a heartbeat.

They should have just used the Grand Prix HUD instead of designing a whole new dash for the ION IMO. :shrug:

"The" car that smoked me

"The" car that smoked me

img1240233679936.jpg

you should see the look on a ion redline owners face when the get beat by a taurus.

MY buddy just got "dynolicious" installed into his cell phone, so I'm going to get some numbers via that and compare them to the dyno I went on as well as my 1/4 mile times. Anyone know how accurate these things are:confused:

I saw a segment on some web series where they ran a car with a GTech Pro AND Dynolicious, and compared it to the actual time slips and dynos, and Dynolicious was INCREDIBLY accurate; way closer to reality than the GTech.

I would disagree with that. I consider the design unsafe as it takes far more driver attention away from the road then a downward glance at a traditionally placed instrument display.

I would disagree with that. I consider the design unsafe as it takes far more driver attention away from the road then a downward glance at a traditionally placed instrument display.
what does it matter where you glance? up, down, left, right? A glance is a glance no matter how you flip it:shrug:

When you look right, you lose a large degree of your lefthand peripheral vision, which could help you identify and possibly avoid an impending driver side impact. Also your frontal vision is more accurate in identifying long distance ,frontal threats.

Back