• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

got new rubber

tourinit

CEG'er
picked up eight tires today for 240 from work!!!!!
the summers are a little thin but ride very nice
195/50/15 g3000
but the winters are
225/50/15 avalanches prob go on in november or sooner who knows with new england

225/50/15/ almost don't exist ,very slim pickings. Seems very wide for the winter

yeah

yeah

there wasnt many of them but my boss said if i chose i can swap for 205's
i think i might my stock all seasons i had before were 205/60's so maybe i will go in in the morning and say i want the 205's

?

?

Those sidewalls are way too short...

what do you mean?
wouldnt be the only person on here with 50's is that not a good thing for the car? cause at work i would have the means to change them to something different but i wanted the low pros, let me know i dont want to screw anything up. ps zorrex you going to nh meet on the tenth?

For a 15" wheel, you should be going with a 60 sidewall tire. You shouldn't be worrying about "lowpro" crap. You need to properly size a tire so that way it looks good on the car...

I'd be more worried about the width than the sidewall, a 225 snow tire is a little bit wide, from what I understand you want a skinnier tire for snow to "cut" through it, a wider tire will instead "plow" through the snow.

got springs

got springs

For a 15" wheel, you should be going with a 60 sidewall tire. You shouldn't be worrying about "lowpro" crap. You need to properly size a tire so that way it looks good on the car...

got springs just not installed to fill the gap:laugh:

I'd be more worried about the width than the sidewall, a 225 snow tire is a little bit wide, from what I understand you want a skinnier tire for snow to "cut" through it, a wider tire will instead "float on top of" the snow.
fixed:cool:

It will look like this...to an extent.

DSC00396.jpg

See how goofy that looks?

okay

okay

but its what im working with i still want wheels at least 16's and im slowly getting there but it was hard to pass up the price at work and why not just try it out i can always change it, im not worried about what other people think when they drive by it, im supposed to drive it and change it for me to enjoy right? as long as im happy and know that i have the plans and the motivation to fix it why not be happy in the mean time plus the only people to make fun in my town are hondas with coffee cans that are all pretty much dx's not to worried:laugh:

Well as long as you know...Also, your speedo is going to read too high. If you look around, you can find properly-sized wheels and tires for really cheap on here. You'd crap yourself if you've seen some of the deals I've gotten. There are times when you need to pass things up :shrug:

yeah

yeah

i know bout the speedo but the deals i get at work are just as good as here but for new tires, im ordering ones this week, gonna switch to probably a 225/55. by the way you going to the meet on the tenth?

Back