• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Got me a new car..Is it an SVT???

How can anyone in here remember what a "STOCK" CSVT handles like? I'm not trying to argue but actually express my amazement in your memories. As far as the "with this & that mod" stuff, I think we can all agree that it's just silly. They both handle well & others handle better.

Also, the car looks good & will look even better when you finsh restoring the paint. I think with your future mods that will be a very fun driver. Keep up the great work.

-Aaron

Last edited:
How can anyone in here remember what a "STOCK" CSVT handles like? I'm not trying to argue but actually express my amazement in your memories. As far as the "with this & that mod" stuff, I think we can all agree that it's just silly. They both handle well & others handle better.

-Aaron

ive driven like 4 of them.

its pretty common to find a bone stock one.

Why is everyone so sensitive:shrug: Believe it or not, there's cars out there that out handle the CSVT and there's cars out there the CSVT can out handle...the Focus just is just one that can OUT HANDLE the CSVT:shrug:

Last edited:
Why is everyone so sensitive:shrug: Believe it or not, there's cars out there that out handle the CSVT and there's cars out there the CSVT can out handle...the Focus just is just one that can OUT HANDLE the CSVT:shrug:

Is anyone saying that the Contour out-handles every other car on the planet?

Comparing the Focus to the Contour, I believe it's a very debatable subject. Each car has strengths in different areas and different people have different definitions of handling, obviously.

2" lower, 2" wider and a wheelbase that's 3" longer makes a difference for me. The Focus is 10% lighter, may be stiffer and has great rear suspension to compensate, but in my experience I'll take a Contour's handling for my driving tastes, for some of the reasons I've already expressed.

But that's why I drive a Contour and not a Focus or a Mini. Believe it or not there are drivers out there with different tastes than you.

I entirely agree, Plus the focus was modeled to be the "Better contour" if you look at the whole of the car a lot of it is just like the contour.

I drove a ZX3 focus, ive driven an SVT focus and ive driven countless SVT contours, and I can say if I had to pick which one had the best handling. Stock Focus SVT hands down, then Stock ZX3 then Stock SVT contour.

Not that im saying the contour SVT is a bad handling car, its one of the best ive driven. But there obviously is newer and better things out there.

You've probably driven 2 svt's. :rolleyes::help:

Seriously? You think the "STOCK" CSVT's you guys are talking about handle like they did oh............7-9+yrs ago? Like I said before, not arguing but come on, who can remember what a *NEW STOCK CSVT handles like, compared to a *NEW STOCK ZX3? And for the record "I like frogs!":laugh:

-Aaron

*NEW was added to help me explain my point better. No annimals were harmed during the typing of this post.

You've probably driven 2 svt's. :rolleyes::help:

Rawburt's when it was stock
Ive test drove one in Ypsilanti
test drove one in Novi
Test drove one in Brighton
Drove Mark's at Spring Zing
Drove Butter'sSVT

Drove a stock 3 door Focus SVT in Ann Arbor
Drove another stock 5 door Focus SVT in Midland

That puts my tally somewhere around 8 SVT's quadruple the number of SVT's you suggested and 2 more the CSVT's I mentioned.

Wow guys thanks for all the input..BlackE1 nice find there..But IMO that just doesnt do it..Its to each there own..Some will say it handles great or better than another car some will say it sucks..But ive driven a Stock SVT ( my old one ) then added a BAT Kit to it..Driven my buddys SVT Koni kit Larger rear sway bar and OMP front strut bar installed..Handle great..But when it comes down to it..The focus has such a large aftermarket out there for suspension parts..

Your right the focus does have a large after market for suspension and in the end I think if you like how the car handles that’s all that matters.

Seriously? You think the "STOCK" CSVT's you guys are talking about handle like they did oh............7-9+yrs ago? Like I said before, not arguing but come on, who can remember what a *NEW STOCK CSVT handles like.
-Aaron

38k miles is still new in my book, and secondly his ZX3 is a 2000.

well if my friends would ever let me drive their cars i could compare agianst other compacts but they dont trust me. i love the way the tour handles. only thing i have to say is to me the steering is alittle soft. i drove my uncles 350z and wow steering is spot on. nice and tight.

maybe my car with 108000 miles everything is worn out but hey i like it.

Back