• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

got a pre-98 trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannimarieiro

CEG'er
today was my day off so my brother and i went to the junkyard and we found a pre-98 trunk wit lip spoiler in t-red , i loved it so i bought it :eek: ,got them down to $100 best price they would give me. the only problem is theres one screw in where the license plate goes and i cant get it out?:shrug:

I just popped out that whole screw and nut. I just put a bolt behind it and put a screw through the front. I just have to remember that the nut is sitting behind it if i decided to take off the license plate.

No big deal. Enjoy it man, i also have a pre-98 trunk with lip spoiler on my t-red. I'll post pics soon, I'm taking off my ding guards as i type this. My hands started to hurt from rubbing off the glue:crazy: . So i took a break.:cool:

i paid 20 for both of the pre-98s i have :shrug: i assume it wasnt a U-Pull it? if it was, you got screwed.

in my area pre 98 trunks without lip spoiler are only 20 bucks and with the lip spoiler there 120,so I think 100 is a good deal...now get those pics up!

22 for trunks,18 for spoilers here. sounds like he went to a reg. junkyard. thats about what i'd expect to get screwed for....err,pay for it.:laugh:

Yep trunks are a dime a dozen. $100 is way over the line. Well you didn't have to have it painted so you're on top still.

45 total into my pre98 lid with spoiler. 25 for lid and 20 for paint. only reason why so cheap for paint is because i sanded it down and i dis/reassembled it myself.:shrug:

100 bucks, is that in canadian currency?

yes it is in canadian:cool: and there was another pre-98 trunk lid wit lip spoiler there too but in black in really good condition, only thing is its coming off a auto se so the symbol is on the right side

heres pics of mine
DSCF0192.jpg

and i repainted the license plate cover (the black plastic piece) it was all faded ,and as for the ford stickers on the reverse lights i cant seem to get them off so who knows maybe when im not tired ill try again lol
DSCF0193.jpg

DSCF0194.jpg

DSCF0195.jpg

and i clean my headlights again now they look way better
DSCF0196.jpg

heres my old trunk
DSCF0197.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back