• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GOSHDAMNINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keys locked in car

Nerawkas

CEG'er
Damn my posts all dealing with troubles, but this is the newest! I locked my keys in the car in the ON position. Anyone know how to break into the car without any damage? GAWSH! I hate this day!! >.<!

nevermind, just looked on youtube on how tos, great stuff, learned to break in my car and now i got me keys. good night to all!

maybe you could tell us how ... then we can fix it, so that others can't break into our cars so easily ...G.

the trick is getting a wooden or rubber wedge and a rubber mallet, take the wedge and hammer it between the top of the door jam and roof of the car, then you need a long thin wooden stick to reach down and pull out on the door handle, the automatic door locks automatically unlock when you put a small amount of force on the interior door handle, this will unlock the car and gain you access, ive had to do it 3-4 times for other people, and once for myself when I was 16. Haven't locked my keys in my car since :cool:

i'm almost sure that on our cars you can double lock the doors with the key. I was under the impression that this would stop that kind of attempt ... anyone know for sure ? ..G.

i'm almost sure that on our cars you can double lock the doors with the key. I was under the impression that this would stop that kind of attempt ... anyone know for sure ? ..G.

not sure to what you are referring to, the locking system might be different on the Mondeo, I wouldn't know ive never even seen one before :(

yeah i just got my owners' handbook out of the glovebox. You can 'double lock' the doors from the outside with the key to stop that door wedge business... phew !! ...G.

yeah i just got my owners' handbook out of the glovebox. You can 'double lock' the doors from the outside with the key to stop that door wedge business... phew !! ...G.

how does this double lock feature work? I am not following with the process or the way that it keeps you from locking your keys in the car.

i'm guessing that you lock your keys in the car by closing the door with the little locking lever pushed in ..correct ? Well; to double lock your door... you turn the key to the right and then within three seconds all the way to the left. This disables all the little locking levers inside the car. All doors must be locked before this works. The handbook warns that this must not be done with passengers in the vehicle... aww .. they spoil all our fun !! .G.

you need to lock the door with the remote first. Then turn the key to the right and immediately to the left. Who you gonna lock in ..to try it out ? lol ..G.

not the haynes/chilton manual.... the owners' guide. That's the ford blue covered one that comes in the glovebox when you buy the car new. G.

wind your window down first. :crazy: Try it anyway... see what happens ....G.

i may have got this back to front ... on the left hand door go left then right ... on the right hand hand door, go right then left.. That is exactly what it says in the book. You guys might be doing it the wrong way 'cos i forgot to reverse the instructions...my bad ...G.

Back