• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

goodbye euro instrument cluster

why i switch? cause the mondeo (also know as the contour pré facelift) has the sizes and the looks of an american......
so, welcome american feeling inside:laugh:
A European wanting to be like American? :shocked:

I love the low washer fluid light in my other car. I destroyed the fluid motor in my old Contour by running out of fluid.

The Mondeo MK1 had 3 accidents, the euro cars (1: Opel Corsa / 2: Peugeot 106 / 3: Citroen AX) were totaled, but the mondeo whas moving further. only the rearbumper whas broken, and an taillight. bud the metal was intact:rolleyes:

for better information, here arer the Cute and tyny eco-cars:crazy:

The Citroen AX 1.0 51 HP 4cyl
Foto%3DEQQG4L8X.jpg

the small peugeot 106 1.1 4 cyl 49HP
Foto%3D6KLJ6QFF.jpg

and the Opel Corsa 1.4 90HP
Foto%3DJNU434LV.jpg

so, the ford mondeo also known as the Contour or mystique has almost the double size of these mini eco euro cars:cool:

and now, insurance: 190 euro per 3 month's, and roadtax 116 euro per 3 month's.

and now, my family want's me in one of this tiny eco car:shrug:
an Fiat Panda 0.9 4 cyl with 43HP:help:
z.56d95266b3dc6e6d1bbd705cfa4fecb4.jpg

no, the mondeo i will drive for an long,long,long,long,long........time:cool:

A friend of mine from somewhere in York had a 91 Fiat Panda here in Vienna. He loved it because it was cheap on fuel and took him everywhere. He saw most of Eastern Europe in the span of six to twelve months, put over 100,000 KM on it and it lasted just fine. Plus he got it for 500 euros. Stuff kept breaking, but it would run just fine. It was strange that the spare tire was in front of or next to the engine.

when i drive thos things in the usa, i will or be shot or the police pick me up in prison:help:

thats why i drive the mondeo also:laugh:
when you drive a big car in europe, youre are an naturekiller.
too much CO2 they said:shrug:
and even they will get an "slurptax" and "km-heffing"
slurptax= when the car is older then 10y, the car will get in the category drinker.
KM=Heffing = for each km you drive, you will pay. so, when you drive 20.000km a year, you must pay for the 20.000km:mad: (with gas prizes of 1.48 euro per liter........at now)
and the box for the "km-heffing" cost 150 euro for youre own pocket:help:

Off-Topic:

for an house in the us, where you pay 60 or 70.000 dollar. you pay in the netherlands 400.000 up to 600.000 euro!!!!!!!
and ford Pick-up, you pay in an year 1500 at least 1900 euro!!!!! only for the roadtax......
then, an house/room for rent, you pay 450euro ex gas/light/water with gas/water/ and light the rental house/room cost 500 up to 600 euro!!!! for one month!!!!!!
then the weird taxes of all...... fat tax for fat food. dog tax (up to 120 euro a year) ,bycicle roadtax up to 50 euro a year. cigares cost 4.00 for an package of 19.....
so, thats the reason i want to be an american............
there is something what's not there.
the state will pay you when you are workless up too 1.500 euro to live. and even you have every bonusses for it.
youre rental will be payd for 60%. television will the state pay etc..........
and even, when the police is needed, they nowere to be spotted.
bud the mobile radars for speeding , there are they verry good in......
europe is F-Up!!!!!!!!

for the prizes of the buildings here, see this
http://www.bijdevaate.nl/site.php?id=onroerendgoed

Last edited:
Back