• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

good 19" tires that won't break the bank

teamSVTour

Hard-core CEG'er
I'm looking for some nice 19" summer tires that won't cost me a fortune. I have not bought tires in quite some time so I'm not sure the best place to go for deals other than tirerack. Does E-bay even have good deals for tires? I'm guessing my size would be 225/35/19

Things I'm looking for:
Low noise
good grip
good tread wear
sexy tread pattern
a lip to help prevent curbage

I dig the KDW II's pattern but I hear they are very noisy and they will cost A LOT

Any pointers to good tires and a place to get them would be appreciated.

Good luck with all of those demands on a cheap tire. Not going to happen, especially low noise. I run Yokohama Parada Spec 2 on mine. They'll run you about $800 installed if you get them from tirerack. I would get general exclaim UHP or Kumho SPTs. Kumho will probably be noisier but grip better. Generals will be quieter, but squishier.

yeah the KDWs can be noisy but they are only $130 each for 17's from tirerack the last I checked. so I don't know how much a larger size would be.

Good luck with all of those demands on a cheap tire. Not going to happen, especially low noise. I run Yokohama Parada Spec 2 on mine. They'll run you about $800 installed if you get them from tirerack. I would get general exclaim UHP or Kumho SPTs. Kumho will probably be noisier but grip better. Generals will be quieter, but squishier.

I have the Parada Spec 2's on my 18" Enkie MM2's. I can't stand how loud they are. That's why I want something more quiet. I can only imagine how loud they would be in 19 with that low of a sidewall.

How about these:

Yokohama S-drive?
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...arch=false&partnum=235YR9SXL&fromCompare1=yes

or Falken FK452
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...c=18569&counter=1&ar=35&rd=19&sw=false&cs=225

Falken Azenis ST115
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...c=28799&counter=1&ar=35&rd=19&sw=false&cs=225

Nitto NT 555 Extreme Performance
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...c=40166&counter=1&ar=35&rd=19&sw=false&cs=225

lol. cheap 19" tires. thats an oxymoron. your best bet is to find some good used tires if you dont want to spend a lot. if you want cheap tires, you shouldn't have bought those sexy 19" wheels! might as well just trade straight up for a set of sexy 17" mille miglias :)

I have the Parada Spec 2's on my 18" Enkie MM2's. I can't stand how loud they are. That's why I want something more quiet. I can only imagine how loud they would be in 19 with that low of a sidewall.

Quiet, cheap, perfomance, 19" 35 series do not exist together. You can get 2-3 of those, but not all. You should ask Aaron about that.

FWIW, my Paradas are quiet, but they also only have like 2000 miles on them. The old ones were all f'd because the PO had bad alignment or something, so they cupped and were EXTREMELY noisy.

Based on the reviews, the S-Drives appear to be the most well rounded for your needs. Keep in mind though, that those include ALL sizes, and the S-Drive is made in smaller sizes (rim size) than some of those other choices and the smaller ones are likely to be quieter.

I have not personally had experience, but i know plenty of people that have used them. I've never heard anything bad except when they were used as an auto-x tire, but with 19's, i don't think you're gunna be doing any auto-x anyways.

They are known to have great dry and wet traction, its a nice tire for sure.

me and todras run them. todd has run on the track many times and loves the tires. i love them too. i'll have a set of 17's up for sale soon

me and todras run them. todd has run on the track many times and loves the tires. i love them too. i'll have a set of 17's up for sale soon

are they noisy? Also i know it is relative to the diameter and sidewall height....but...how is the ride on your 17's?

Back