• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GOMACH1's 3l Black Pearl Build

gomach1

Veteran CEG'er
Well ive had this 3l since October. And been slowly making progress. Finally making a thread...

Built late in 04, has 20k on it.
SVT Cams
Escape Oil pan and pick up
04 Valve covers
EH SVT UIM with 70mm TB opening(still need to port and polish the runners)
Gutted SVT LIM
COP conversion
MSDS Headers/Y-pipe
24lb injectors
NPG CAI
EGR Delete
Can i delete the DPFE Sensor?

I made some thick replica bugzuki plates to space the intake manifold up enough to clear the valve covers, just finished today.

100_0778.jpg

100_0781.jpg

100_0779.jpg

100_0780.jpg

100_0782.jpg

100_0784.jpg

100_0786.jpg

100_0789.jpg

Can i delete the DPFE Sensor?

On E0, Yes.

Having your LIM raised like that with the spacer you made is going to change where the spray is for the injector, not sure how that will affect it. Also you need to remove the crank case vent box.

Other than that you listened to me too much :p

On E0, Yes.

Having your LIM raised like that with the spacer you made is going to change where the spray is for the injector, not sure how that will affect it. Also you need to remove the crank case vent box.

Other than that you listened to me too much :p

Yes its an E0...

Lol... Why remove the crank case vent box? It still has the PVC coming out of the bottom of the intake...

We will see, i think it will be fine, the transition is real smooth.

nice work there;

have you got a ground down engine mount ? sure i read that you need to put the mount back on, before the heads are bolted down ..... G.

Yea i already have it shaved and installed. Most of those pics were just mock ups...not bolted down. Will update tomorrow, gotten some stuff accomplished since the site has been down.

Progress Pics! All ready, just waiting on my tranny, should be ready monday.
COPs all wired up
2012-03-24_16-03-06_305.jpg

Flywheel installed and engine on the ground
2012-03-25_12-43-35_592.jpg

2012-03-25_12-43-42_890.jpg

2012-03-25_12-43-52_53.jpg

Engine bay painted, NPG CAI installed, STB mounts installed
2012-03-25_12-44-01_861.jpg

New control arms, New Konis and GC installed. Old control arms were completely shot and explain the horrible wear pattern on my tires.
2012-03-25_12-44-24_796.jpg

Lookin good, paint that coolant tank black! What clutch are you going to run? No DMD?

All that thing needs now is a turbo kit :laugh:

Thanks!

I have spares that im gonna wrap the top of the coolant tank and PS tank in CF. Ive taken apart too much stuff and need to get it on the road asap. Hopefully a CF hood to match soon too...

Oh yea! On another note... do i have the right springs in the front? I just looked at the pic you put on FB and it looks like you have the smaller springs in the front...but hard to tell from the pic.

I have the long sleeves and longer springs on the back. Fronts have the shorter springs and sleeves. Thats just how I have mine on there and the height etc works just fine. Remember how the stock springs in the rear are much longer than the fronts.

I have spares that im gonna wrap the top of the coolant tank and PS tank in CF.

That's a damn good idea! I bought a new coolant shunt tank so mine is still clear... but that stupid PS reservoir always gets dirty. I think I'll copy you if you don't mind ;)

Back