• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

going to the strip this friday

cougarkraig

CEG'er
so im taking the tour to the strip its 1/4 mile i know are cars are not 1/4 mile cars but i gotta know im hoping to be low 14s will post slip sat morning
i just put the 65tb
kkm intake
and pud heatshield
running with and without slicks:laugh:

Good Luck and don't trash the stock Diff. That's something i WON'T help you take out/tear apart.

just be a little careful don't dump the clutch and you'll be fine. Best launch point is around 3000-3200 rpms. Alot of factors go into play when your car takes off. I don't really see low 14's happening if its your first time but go out there and have fun. Although I was able to run a 15.6 completly stock with a clogged fuel pump sock.(For you bashers it didn't start happening till I got to the track, had to shift at 5200 into second)

Good Luck and don't trash the stock Diff. That's something i WON'T help you take out/tear apart.
ill try my best bro
just be a little careful don't dump the clutch and you'll be fine. Best launch point is around 3000-3200 rpms. Alot of factors go into play when your car takes off. I don't really see low 14's happening if its your first time but go out there and have fun. Although I was able to run a 15.6 completly stock with a clogged fuel pump sock.(For you bashers it didn't start happening till I got to the track, had to shift at 5200 into second)
well i m just goin to hope for the best i know its faster then my Bmw and that ran low 15 plus i have 3.0 port match not 2.5 so will see so worst i see is high 14

well im alittle disappointed first run with my 17's ran 16.02 spinnin through first then i put my slicks on didnt smoke enough so werent super sticky and the guy i ran against took forever to stage ran 15.32 then i wanted to get atleast one more run in and it started to rain im gonna go in a couple more weeks ill attach pics of slips later here is a vid link
http://www.twitvid.com/6IRN2

Oh yea..u can do a lot better!! Good run...glad you beat the other car atleast. Have you practiced with the tires before this event?
yeah it was the first day i got them def stuck better but i didnt heat them up enough so hopefully next time out i run better just slicks now on

791d25b0.jpg

572473b7.jpg

got it sorry i put 15.32 was 15.36

so im taking the tour to the strip its 1/4 mile i know are cars are not 1/4 mile cars but i gotta know im hoping to be low 14s will post slip sat morning
i just put the 65tb
kkm intake
and pud heatshield
running with and without slicks:laugh:
Any other mods? Exhaust?

Prob before Zing so early may

And its got headers y pipe and bassani exhaust

And thanks Andy ill love to crap up the place

Prob before Zing so early may

And its got headers y pipe and bassani exhaust

And thanks Andy ill love to crap up the place:laugh:

Back