• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Going to be in So Cal on thursday...

JesusFreak

Hard-core CEG'er
OK, I'm taking a road trip for my honeymoon, and we have already left florida, and are in baton rouge as of the time of this posting... we are going to be in so cal on thursday midday/afternoonish... anything in the san diego area we jsut have to check out, and what about a nice hotel to get a little pampered at? Also, a descent restaurant that isnt a fridays or applebees for dinner...

Can suggest the Catamaran resort as a place to stay. Very nice and relaxing and close to the beach too.
For eats, I suggest eating on the roof top deck at georges by the cove in la jolla. The main dining room is expensive but the bar and the roof deck have the same menu, are way cheaper and have better views over the ocean.
Another place to eat would be Rei Do Gado for great brazilian food (try a caipirinha or 10), it downtown in the gaslamp area.
And 2 casual places that I love are Leilani's for delcious hawaiian lunch (cnr Cass st and tourmaline in Pacific beach), and Rocky's for burgers on ingraham st in crown point.

OK, the gas lamp district sounds good... the hyatt could be a nice place to stay, get a massage, relax by a pool, and then go out later for dinner and some drinks... only other question is that as far as the gas lamp district goes, where can i get a descent steak without dropping a bill?

Also, when using priceline, i have a bunch of options for san diego, where exactly is the gas lamp district?

1.gif

Gaslamp area is in downtown. As for a good steak, you will be hard to find anywhere good thats not expensive. ruths chris is not too bad (price wise that is, the steaks are m mmm).

OK, the gas lamp district sounds good... the hyatt could be a nice place to stay, get a massage, relax by a pool, and then go out later for dinner and some drinks... only other question is that as far as the gas lamp district goes, where can i get a descent steak without dropping a bill?

Also, when using priceline, i have a bunch of options for san diego, where exactly is the gas lamp district?

1.gif

I would use Hotwire over Priceline as you can see the amenities & specify location before you buy. I've booked hotels through Hotwire about 5x and been more than satisfied each time.

They are a local Silicon Valley company.

Stay in downtown, that is where all the nice restaruants and Gaslamp district is.

Back