• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Glowing SVT Logo on Main Gauge Cluster

You could always just note where the tach sits when at a warm idle, it has never failed me before. Just put the needle in when it reaches its normal running temp or after it idles down.

sorry to res an old thread, but its not recalicrating the gauges thats the problem, its breaking the steppers. i actually made faces for my accord, and the steppers had trouble moving because pushing he pins back in stressed them. this is a way cool mod tho!

Some More information that will help with gauges and such(Pictures will have the answers)...
Nov08SwitchingColors004.jpg

Nov08SwitchingColors005.jpg

Nov08SwitchingColors039.jpg

Nov08SwitchingColors043.jpg

Nov08SwitchingColors048.jpg

Nov08SwitchingColors045.jpg

I used Red folder tabs(Walmart) and krazy glued them to the back! Find the nice color you want and go all out!!!! Xacto knife helped A LOT!!!! GET ONE cause razors suck!

***11-11-08**** Pictures Added for Future Reference!!!!
Nov08SwitchingColors063.jpg

Nov08SwitchingColors077.jpg

Nov08SwitchingColors080.jpg

Hope this shows how to see the outlines of all the numbers/marks on the Speedo/Tach in the gauge cluster!

- amyn

Its pretty Ghetto But it works... The only thing that w the regular bulbs that I have in there, it makes a orange effect on the clear parts(signs/numbers)! So I am working on some LEDS as of right now. Hopefully that fixes the issue...

- amyn

Some More information that will help with gauges and such(Pictures will have the answers)...

I used Red folder tabs(Walmart) and krazy glued them to the back! Find the nice color you want and go all out!!!! Xacto knife helped A LOT!!!! GET ONE cause razors suck!

- amyn

I wanna see her lit up and in action! :drool:

Last edited:
So did you use the xacto knife "knife" and pick it off after you outlined it or a different blade?

Well....Now what I find VERY EASY for me. I put a Lamp under my Glass Desk with the face of the gauge facing down. The light would show in the opposite manner where the light would shine through basically making an outline for you already.... Took the xacto knife and just started scraping away!

I originally held the gauge face up to the light and scratched the back of it making it harder and a higher possibility of making mistakes. Luckily I didnt and everything looks great! I will keep everybody posted on the Clear part looking orange due to the stupid little bulbs in there.

- amyn

Added some pictures and info for the next person who plans on doing this!

Once My Gauge Cluster Is up and running with some nice bright LEDS Ill take pics and post them up as well!!!!

- amyn

how did you get the green out?

i wanna go with wide angle blue led's on my gauges...already outlined the SVT for my red shift light :D

Back