• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Getting Screwed by Fellow CEG member

i sold my FSVT wheels, dropped them off at UPS...they said they would package em up and ship em out, well the did just that but packaged them face to face without anything inbetween, obviously the wheels got damaged, the kid (for some reason) sent them back to the ups store where they now have sat for a good solid month because the claims dept. is so slow, it sucks because the kid calls me 23948230 times a day (which i dont blame him) but its in no way shape or form my fault/responsibility because they packaged them and i took out insurance on them for the amount he paid...so i feel your pain, its a crappy situation

Haha, that's why I was being sarcastic. I'm in the same boat you are. :cool: I take offense to the "poor college student" routine. It's called, being a lazy ass with no work ethic. Or well, just having parents that let you get away with it. :laugh:

Mark

In some ways I feel the same way as you, because its merely a question of status, for one you dont expect a college student to be rich, we go to college to get a good education to not be poor later on in life.

The only reason I consider myself a "poor college student" is because I haven't found a job yet, and its not because of lack of work ethic, its because I only recently actually started looking and I don't complain about not having money, I am actually only looking for a job because I want something to do to keep my mind off of things. I worked hard over the summer and saved up a lot of cash to make my first semester focused on school and school only, to adjust to the new atmosphere. So now that 2nd semester has started, I can get serious about finding a job.

But shying away from ADD. it does help if you were to post whom might have screwed you over, understandably, even if it isn't an incredibly hefty sum of money there still is principle behind not letting this guy get away with whatever he is trying to pull. Because then he will just keep doing it.

Last edited:
In some ways I feel the same way as you, because its merely a question of status, for one you dont expect a college student to be rich, we go to college to get a good education to not be poor later on in life.

The only reason I consider myself a "poor college student" is because I haven't found a job yet, and its not because of lack of work ethic, its because I only recently actually started looking and I don't complain about not having money, I am actually only looking for a job because I want something to do to keep my mind off of things. I worked hard over the summer and saved up a lot of cash to make my first semester focused on school and school only, to adjust to the new atmosphere. So now that 2nd semester has started, I can get serious about finding a job.

But shying away from ADD. it does help if you were to post whom might have screwed you over, understandably, even if it isn't an incredibly hefty sum of money there still is principle behind not letting this guy get away with whatever he is trying to pull. Because then he will just keep doing it.

he did post who it was

yeah I will not fret over this prob I just wanted to vent and see what you guys thought. I understand claims=teh Suk.. I guess I will just have to wait and wait and keep on pestering to get anything accomplished.. I'm suprised I haven't gotten a PM from him since I started this thread.. curious.. maybe Rawburt can ask him the next time he talks to him.. if he has heard anything from fedex.. anything helps:p thanks fellas
Andy

yeah i sold a bearing kit for a tremec 3650 and when the guy got it from fedex there was only 2 bearings left in the box,, so i tried going through the process with fedex and i just gave the guy back his money and cut my losses,,, fedex claims SUCK

UPS and FedEx both suck with claims. I've NEVER had a freight claim paid by either company and I do a ton of shipping. The best you can do is over pack your stuff. If I was the seller I'd refund some or all the money but that's just me. I'd take it upon myself to make the situation right if I didn't pack it well.
T

you know, I would do the same thing Fornetti, I can't stand it when I feel bad about someones problems. even when I didn't create it.. I still wanna make it right for them..

Back