• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Getting ready for racing next summer (wheel hop)

your 17.3 is a bit slow. I was running mid 16s with just intake, exhaust, and UDP. ran a 17.1 at a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty track (anyone that went to SZ06 can attest to that).

i ran the 17.3 with just an intake and exhaust. did u reset ur computer for that run, i know i didnt. idk if it'd make that much of a difference. i'm gettin a UPD this winter for the car though.

Stock I was running a 16.7

With intake, tune, gutted cat/ catback was running 15.4

I've gotten a whole bunch of stuff done to it now and when it was running right I was pulling high 14's. but now I'm lucky if I could pull a 20.

Stock I was running a 16.7

With intake, tune, gutted cat/ catback was running 15.4

I've gotten a whole bunch of stuff done to it now and when it was running right I was pulling high 14's. but now I'm lucky if I could pull a 20.

was urs fully loaded with EVERY power option availible? i know my car is pretty heavy. if i recall, the Contour has about a 100 lb weight advantage. also, compare altitude and track prep. mine was also run without a tune, just gutted cat, straight pipe, and intake. i'm sure with a tune i can be in the 16's no problem. if you look at my video on youtube, i ran a 17.3 spinning first, chirping second and third. shouldnt be that easy to chirp third with just an intake and exahust.

What about better tires? All this talk about poly mounts and traction bars, but no one bothered to mention tires.

Running all-season tires will not exactly help your 1/4 miles times.

What about better tires? All this talk about poly mounts and traction bars, but no one bothered to mention tires.

Running all-season tires will not exactly help your 1/4 miles times.

No :censored::censored::censored::censored:!! He says he chirped tires in 3rd? With a basically stock Zetec Mystique? With the tires I had with my old 3L SVT, I could barely bark in 2nd. It just hit like a mother, and went!

Mark

No :censored::censored::censored::censored:!! He says he chirped tires in 3rd? With a basically stock Zetec Mystique? With the tires I had with my old 3L SVT, I could barely bark in 2nd. It just hit like a mother, and went!

Mark

Exactly. Being able to chirp and spin gears is not something to brag about when you're only putting down 100 hp.

When you're running 300+ hp, then brag all you want.

Look into some 14 or 15 inch drag radials or even better bias ply Mickey Thompson ET Streets and swap them on at the track.
-J

That's the thing, he shouldn't even be considering drag radials. His motor doesn't make enough power to hold any rpm with those sticky tires. It'd be like hitting a brick wall right off the line. These cars do best with a little bit of spinning out of the hole, but it's up to the driver to know just how much.

Mark

Hankook z212's are still available in 225/50/16 at $84 a piece. They're a little sticky and I can still spin them with a near stock 2.5. You could possibly get about a 2 second 60' with them.

That's the thing, he shouldn't even be considering drag radials. His motor doesn't make enough power to hold any rpm with those sticky tires. It'd be like hitting a brick wall right off the line. These cars do best with a little bit of spinning out of the hole, but it's up to the driver to know just how much.

Mark
What, you don't want to see him leave off the rev limiter? :shrug:
:laugh:
-J

What, you don't want to see him leave off the rev limiter? :shrug:
:laugh:
-J

LMAO! I think we'd see 8,000 pictures of his broker transmission case, knowing the OP. :laugh:

I actually made a few passes with some 245/50/16 dr's with my old 3L SVT. Man, that was tough to get used to! There was just too much tire for the power I was making, but a buddy of mine mounted them on my E1's and let me run them. Nothing like having your ABS light on and not having full brake capabilities. :help:

Mark

LMAO! I think we'd see 8,000 pictures of his broker transmission case, knowing the OP. :laugh:

I actually made a few passes with some 245/50/16 dr's with my old 3L SVT. Man, that was tough to get used to! There was just too much tire for the power I was making, but a buddy of mine mounted them on my E1's and let me run them. Nothing like having your ABS light on and not having full brake capabilities. :help:

Mark

funny about the pics. but i dont remember the last time i posted pics.

i was thinking about tires, i was lookin at Goodyear eagle F1's.

My buddy and i have a bet so i need to beat him.

The Eagle F1's are pretty nice tires. Unless you've got a hook-up, or you buy some take-offs, you're going to spend a good bit of change on them. But, you've gotta pay to play! :cool:

Mark

The Eagle F1's are pretty nice tires. Unless you've got a hook-up, or you buy some take-offs, you're going to spend a good bit of change on them. But, you've gotta pay to play! :cool:

Mark

for the size of tire i need, they're 48 bucks cuz of a close out sale

for the size of tire i need, they're 48 bucks cuz of a close out sale

Try including all the info in your post.......

Eagle F1 Asymmetric
Eagle F1 GS-D3
Eagle F1 GS-D3 EMT
Eagle F1 GS-D3 RunOnFlat
Eagle F1 Supercar
Eagle F1 Supercar EMT
Eagle F1 GS
Eagle F1 GS EMT
Eagle F1 GS-2
Eagle F1 GS-2 EMT

My guess is you're talking about the GS-D3 closeout sizes. There are huge differences when you compare the GS-D3 to other F1 models.

BF Goodrich Drag Radials, or R1's if that's all I used my contour for but since I would drive it in the weather G-force sports work really good.

Back