• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

General Consensus on Wheel Color for TRed SVTC

Torkmonsta

CEG'er
What's everyone's opinion on the best color for wheels on a T-Red SVTC?

Here are some pics.
FrontSideWeb.jpg

RearSideWeb.jpg

RearDualExhaust.jpg

Yea I was looking at a few of the darker gunmetal colors. I looked through that "Official wheels thread" and there were only a handful of T-Reds with pics up. I also like the black focus rally wheels (17 spoke?) but I'm thinking the black would be too dark unless I was to get the new red line tires... I can't think of who makes them but it looks like a thin whitewall only red not white

I just bought my car so I don't know what my wheels are called but they are the nicer looking of the two available stock sets of wheels powerdercoated black and I like the look. No pics though

I assume you're talking about E1 wheels, the edgier "cobra style" ones. I don't remember having seen a t-red with black wheels...I'd like to see a pic. The SVT I just bought has 17" Axis Mesh 2's and I love them, haven't seen anyone else on here with them either. This pic is bad and from before I bought it because I'm waiting to take good pics until I get a badge for the grille, Mirko put on, and the car cleaned up.

HPIM0040.jpg

Wheels on a T-Red (and all wheels in my opinion) should be bright and shiny. Otherwise the car always looks dirty no matter how clean it is.

This does not mean massive amounts of chrome, of course.

Here's my car with 17" Konig Imagines (silver) with a polished lip....
166133_43_full.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I really like those gunmetal multispoke wheels on there. I think I might go that route. Another wheel I was thinkin about is the ST200 Mondeo wheels. What does everyone think of those?

Which ones the ST200s? Damn... if there is one thing I dont like it's having the same things as a lot of people, thanks for letting me know that, I'll look into some other wheels!

sploodgetastic.

I'm always amused by at least one thing that you say when you post. :) Thanks for making me laugh.

I can't remember either who had the bronze wheels but I do remember that they looked good.

I like these:
100_3090edit.jpg

Last edited:
I had some nice bronze wheels on my Accord when I had that car (before I got the Z28). The Accord was Arcadia Green. I'm thinking of chopping some bronze wheels on the 2536 to see what it will look like... here's the two different bronzes I had.

First Set of Bronze Wheels - Konig Next - Race Bronze 17's
BronzeWheels.jpg

BronzeWheels2.jpg

Second Set of Bronze Wheels - SSW 008 - Royal Sports Bronze - 16's
Accord2.jpg

Accord3Web.jpg

Back