• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

FW1 fastwax

hotdimmes

Hard-core CEG'er
Anyone have anything to say about this product? I almost fought this guy at a gas station who demo'd it on my car without asking me. It's one of those "you don't have to wash your car, just spray it on and wipe away, it washes, polishes, waxes, etc blah blah blah, works on windows, paint, rims, nascar uses it, etc"

I scoffed at it because I assume you shouldn't be able to combine all those steps in one process.

Then I did some reading/researching. Some people use it as a quick detailer which I feel a bit better about. But I came across a thread mentioning it was probably petroleum based which is bad? Anyone want to elaborate on that for me?

http://www.fw1shine.com/store/
http://www.fw1.com.au/FW1safety.pdf

"[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]RGS LABS, Inc.® brings you the [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]FW1 Waterless Formulation[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] has a unique combination of Lubricants and Camauba wax which combine to lift the dirt and grime away from paint, chrome, plastic, glass and the rims on your vehicle and leaves a professional show car finish. For a professional show car finish use what racing professionals have used for years FW1 Waterless Formulation. RGS LABS, Inc.® has truly created a superior product which can be used on cars, RVs, boats, motorcycles, airplanes, trucks, bicycles and more. Clean and wax an average sized vehicle in less than 30 minutes. With 40% more free of the FW1 Waterless Formulation per can that same 17.50 oz. aerosol can of FW1 Wash&Wax will do the same car 3 to 4 times over."[/FONT]

I searched the autopia forums and there were only a couple of posts that mentioned people either loving it or hating it for the same reasons I mentioned above. I'll check out those other places.

some guy at the gas station had a similar product and he almost sprayed it on my car. i screamed. the rag he had was brown from dirt. i told him "i am very anal about what goes on my paint" he said "even this scratch" as he was rubbing it when my car was covered in dust. i again told him not to touch my car. then he left.

I think I'm gonna buy a bottle and try it out. My paint can't possibly get in any worse shape than it is already. I'll hopefully be taking a PC to it soon anyway to get rid of all those itty bitty scratches.

ha, reminds me of a car show I was at. a guy was running around showing off some wax, I stayed near my car as he was basically going up and just touching up spots on peoples cars, sometime he did ask for the owner. When he went looking for a new car to demp on he came towards mine and he said thats to nice looking, dunno if he did that since I was sitting in the car or not but I was thankful ...

no one else and nothing but zaino touch my car now ...

you can split up driving time between the 3(probably between the svt and the mystique actually) so they get dirty less than a single daily driver. Even though your SVT is your "nice weather daily driver" :crazy::laugh: which means cleaning less often which means applying excellent product less often!

I think I'm gonna buy a bottle and try it out. My paint can't possibly get in any worse shape than it is already. I'll hopefully be taking a PC to it soon anyway to get rid of all those itty bitty scratches.

Might as well try this stuff, too -- PPS. www.neverwax.com.

As my buddy points out, you do actually have to wax once to get the stuff on the car, so "neverwax" is a misnomer. :cool:

:laugh:
some guy at the gas station had a similar product and he almost sprayed it on my car. i screamed. the rag he had was brown from dirt. i told him "i am very anal about what goes on my paint" he said "even this scratch" as he was rubbing it when my car was covered in dust. i again told him not to touch my car. then he left.

Hahaha thats halarious! The same guy got my buddy Ben that lives in Glendale Heights to buy some. So we tried it and it sucked. It gave it a decent shine, but the clarity wasn't there. Also just didn't have that slick feel when we were done with his hood.

So we wound up claying the entire truck, Meguires #7 and a coat of my wax mix....All by hand.......

As always it looked great...

Last edited:
Back