• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fuse box wiring

Beans

Addicted CEG'er
Back story: I had a issue last year with my car not starting or starting intermittently with combined pats issues. Found a lot of ••••ed up positive wires and problems in the fuse box.

In the process of the fix, i pulled the cluster with the (3) large fuses. (2) 60 Amp (Engine cooling fan(1) 80 Amp (Main power supply to vehicle) ( Looks kinda like this: http://imgur.com/yQ3MXaQ ) Replaced, repaired the messed broken insulation and various destroyed wires.

Now i'm putting it back together and now realize, Son of a: censored: all the wires are red.

After several hours of tracing the extra box harness i have I know where the majority of the wires needs to go. Except for these:

TL;DR

cgoRjF7.jpg

How can i differentiate these? Obviously they come from the fuse box inside the car. One is a larger gauge wire, one has a larger stripe and two are identical red. I would think the large gauge wire goes to the main power 80amp, but i'd be guessing just like the rest of them....

Is my only option to trace them all the way back in the cabin? Does someone have a complete loose harness that could assist me or ???

Back