• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

funny 16yr old with his first truck

You wanted to get a 2004 when you were 16? Wouldn't you have had to go into the future to obtain that? LOL.

Hell if it's a 9 sec 0-60 I'd give him a head start and make him feel worse.

this guy has to have something to brag about. If i give him a head start he will swear that he kicked my butt off the start. He might get a half car out the gate since i'm probably going to baby the launch, but there is no mercy after that.

gas is kind of scarce aroud here right now. almost all the stations here are out. so i guess we'll do this thing some time in the near future when prices drop a little. maybe next thurs or the one after that.

So, you're 19..

It was a joke about you wanting to get a NEW car (even 05 in 06) at SIXTEEN.. Which wasn't that long ago, and you said "when I was".. It was a joke, which flew right over your head, I guess.

I think he thought I was younger... And evidently my sarcastic statement went over your head when I said I wanted a car made in 2004 when I turned 16 instead of my Contour. Didn't know it was that big of a deal...

this guy has to have something to brag about. If i give him a head start he will swear that he kicked my butt off the start. He might get a half car out the gate since i'm probably going to baby the launch, but there is no mercy after that.

gas is kind of scarce aroud here right now. almost all the stations here are out. so i guess we'll do this thing some time in the near future when prices drop a little. maybe next thurs or the one after that.

wow I have never been in an area where gas became scarce, thats intense.

yeah, i thought it wouldn't have happened either. out of 13+ stations i only know of 3 that had fuel left until yesterday.

no i think the style changed in 05 or 06 as well as the engine. the 04 has a 3.4L and the newer style and the xrunner have a 4.0L. The truck does have a decent power to weight ratio. i think its got a 190hp but cant remember the weight.

someone say xrunner? :D
719e787d.jpg

hmmm, aiken huh? im in savannah all the time, wouldnt mind meeting up somewhere up that way to hang, i miss the 'tour owners.

Before you race, you should take him for a ride in your car. Accelerate at 1/4-1/2 throttle and tell him that it's floored. Make him think that it's really slow. Then, when he gets beaten by it, he'll REALLY feel bad.

thats the funny part. He's riden in my car plenty of times and even driven it when i felt too crappy to drive. I even let him drive in an old empty parking lot and told him to punch it. I dont think he ever gave it more than half throttle. Makes me think he's a little scared of it getting away from him.

Back