• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

fuel door + assembly removal help!

I forget, but you do have to turn it one way or the other to get it off the tabs in the fender. then you have to twist and turn it out. finally disconnect the hose attached to it.

Yeah. Now says put a screwdriver in the fueldoor pivot point and spread assembly to release the door but I can't figure this out!!

Ok so after some twisting and pullinmg its out! I put a screwdriver between the 1/4 and the door hinge and it turned the entire plastic assembly and let it pop out. now the door is still attached so i gotta get that off, and then see how the bullit door will mount...

How did everyone drill / grind the tabs off where the long screws go? Or did you cut the plastic so they just fit snug.

Yeah I have all the screws out. Used a dremel and grinding bit to get the tab things smooth, so now I just need to line it up on the stock plastic surround, drill holes thru and line it with some Of the tabs on the 1/4 panel and that should be it...we will see tomorrow. Ill have pics tomorrow as well

Back