• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

FSVT or Supperleggeras?

FSVT or Supperleggeras?

• Focus SVT

Votes: 51 71.8%
  • OZ Supperlegera

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • other, please specify

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow... the chance to lose 7 lbs of rotating mass per corner and you're considering NOT doing so? I'd rock some ugly-ass rims for that weight savings... and those are FAR from ugly. OZ's got my vote.

That is the ONLY reason to consider the OZ's IMO.

heres a thought, why not keep both and use the OZ's for competition use? Running Auto cross and such... its kinda what they are designed for.

Then for daily driving put a nice touring tire on the Focus SVT wheels, comfortable ride, nice looking wheels.

Always nice to sit on an extra set of really nice wheels.

I prefer the Superleggeras, but for the performance aspect of it. I couldn't believe the improvement when I went from stock E1's to 17" Superleggeras. I love my 18" Superleggeras but they jumped from 15 lbs to 18 lbs a wheel.

The 17" seems to "pop" more with the Race Silver color better than Tuner Silver.

17" Race Silver:
10fwewnMedium.jpg

DSCF1214Medium.jpg

17" Tuner Silver:
DSC_0123Medium.jpg

pictureMedium.jpg

18" Tuner Silver:
DSCF2354Medium.jpg

DSCF2353Medium.jpg

I vote to keep the Superleggeras, sell the FSVTs, and replace them with something else just as nice. A little less OEM looking but still clean. Then you have your performance wheels, and the everyday wheels for showing off the car.

Well, honestly, I like the stance of your car better with the FSVT wheels. However, as people said, the OZ's are EXCELLENT performance wheels, so when you decided to take your car to the track it will make a huge difference.

Well, honestly, I like the stance of your car better with the FSVT wheels. However, as people said, the OZ's are EXCELLENT performance wheels, so when you decided to take your car to the track it will make a huge difference.

well again thats the thing, the FSVT wheels have a slightly taller tire then should be on the car with a 17" wheel. the OZs have the correct size tire for a 17" wheel .....

I thought they would look alittle better, but again for the performance gain with the weight of the wheel its something I could live with ....

as for show wheels vs a track wheel I suppose I could but presently I don't do any track evens, just shows so its kinda pointless as of this time to have to sets... let alone the cost of tires as both sets of wheels need new tires.

Back