• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Front Splitter Opinions

CrazyTalkSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I'd like to hear your guys opinions on front wind splitters(aluminum and/or carbon fiber).
Do you think they are worthless and ugly and people should just stick with mirkos if they want the look?
Or, do you think they can be tastefully done mod.

I love the looks of a splitter on the tours…
My personal preference is more toward the grand touring racing style, think of the BOC cars…
I like the Mirko’s, but hate that there’re only available in fiberglass… brakey brakey…but the looks are o.k.
I’d like it much better if the lip at bottom center rose up in the middle about an inch or so kinda like an
f1 front spoiler (___/---------\___)

Well just my 2 cents…

I think that you generally can't even see them unless they are big enough to be an eyesore. I like Mirkos, I just wish that they were a little more resilient.

I like splitters. I do not like how the U.S. bumpers stick out nine miles though. I think that the mirko would look even better if it wasn't for that.

Does the Mach 1 lip fit on our cars? I'd love to see how it looks but I'm not sure it'd be ok since the Contour front fascia sort of lifts up in the middle whereas the mustang goes straight accross.

I still dont see the big deal about it. It just looks like an extra piece of rubber whereas the Mirko looks like a molded lip that means business.

the Mirko looks like a molded lip that means business.

100% agreed right here. But people don't want to fork out the money for a mirko..so they look for an alternative option. Which is a great idea to me.

When i thought of selling my mirko...i got low ball offers for $120 :blackeye:So i started telling people 360 for mine. Just cause i got that annoyed.
People want want want..but want it for practically for free. It seems these spoiled kids think if they whine enough the guy might sell it to them for what they want to buy it for.

100% agreed right here. But people don't want to fork out the money for a mirko..so they look for an alternative option. Which is a great idea to me.

When i thought of selling my mirko...i got low ball offers for $120 :blackeye:So i started telling people 360 for mine. Just cause i got that annoyed.
People want want want..but want it for practically for free. It seems these spoiled kids think if they whine enough the guy might sell it to them for what they want to buy it for.

LMAO! $120 might buy you the paint and labor at the body shop. Mine is getting dropped off tonight for a re-spray along with my front bumper.

By the time you buy, ship, and paint you have a $500 piece of fiberglass waiting to be destroyed

Back