• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Front and Rear Strut Braces Indentifictaion ???

ikaika808

CEG'er
Hoping someone might know what Brand Braces I have...??? I think the Rear one is a Redcoat Raceworks ( Bradness ??? ) but the front I have not seen anyone have one like it... and I am curious why my front one has so many bends in it... ( Shouldn't it be as straight as possible to get the most effectiveness from it... ) and woudl it be better that my rear one was bolted to the frame and not just held in place by tension ??? Roland

Attachments

• DSCN2285..JPG
    DSCN2285..JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2283..JPG
    DSCN2283..JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2282..JPG
    DSCN2282..JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2284..JPG
    DSCN2284..JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2281..JPG
    DSCN2281..JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 0
I believe the one in the front is the one that SHOshop used to sale, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I also read somewhere those were bad for your struts.

Thanks for the response speed_cat... I hope someone else might chime in about it also , and elaborate more if these are indeed the SHOshop front brace and WHY they are bad for my sturts... Might have to remove it and by a different one that won't be bad for my struts... Roland

I believe the front bar is SHOshop also. its bad because the brace mounts to the strut rod, and could cause it to break off. Its much better to attach to the strut tower.

The rear bar might be bradness or rawburt, not sure.

Thanks for the response speed_cat... I hope someone else might chime in about it also , and elaborate more if these are indeed the SHOshop front brace and WHY they are bad for my sturts... Might have to remove it and by a different one that won't be bad for my struts... Roland

I knew I read it somewhere, here is the link to the discussion about the SHOshop front strut bar. http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=susp&Number=110637&page=8&view=collapsed&sb=9&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Back