• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford racing SVT focus brake kit

I'm running SVT Focus front rotors and calipers right now with Warmonger's caliper brackets in back to fit the 'front' SVT rotors (new parts machined to minimum thickness). Braided lines all around.

SVT Focus front calipers fit perfectly by using longer bolts and hardened washers. I have the hardware part numbers somewhere. I'll post them when I can.

I've got the same set up, FSVT fronts and Warmonger kit in the back.
FSVT fronts with the longer bolts and hardened washers, it's not a difficult job either. :)

I got the bolts and washers (spacers) with the FSVT calipers.
I'm sure that the info is posted somewhere and if I come across it, I'll post it.

Here is what I found in reference to the FSVT bolt that is needed:

BOLT M12X35 HF 10 (Focus SVT Upgrade Caliper bolt) - W500443-S426

I just ordered the kit today from Tousley Ford - I have my car apart for a bad wheel bearing so this is perfect timing.

Any suggestions on brake pads?

I just ordered the kit today from Tousley Ford - I have my car apart for a bad wheel bearing so this is perfect timing.

Any suggestions on brake pads?

all depends what you are looking for. The stock pads are pretty good but dust very easily. I am using the Bendix Titanium II's on the front and they work well. still using stock out back.

Looking for the first upgrade for the COntour SVT (I'm gettin him tomorrow) is this brake thing.

Just to have my mind clear on this, Focus SVT calipers and rotors (discs) fit right in wit no further adapters or modifications other than longer bolts and bushings?

sorry, thanks !!

great to know. Now do you recomend to start with OEM Focus SVT rotors and calipers or use upgraded rotors (drilled / sloted) or both?

There is no advantage to drilled and slotted rotors. They look great but do nothing for performance. In heavy use, drilled and slotted actually can be a problem, as cracks tend to form from the holes and slots.

That said, I have drilled and slotted rotors on my car. I did it for looks.

great to know. Now do you recomend to start with OEM Focus SVT rotors and calipers or use upgraded rotors (drilled / sloted) or both?

You want the beefiest rotors you can find but I'd certainly start with the rotors that come with the kit since they should be high quality. After that I highly recommend finding a Brembo source and getting their blank rotors.

So let me get this straight? I can go on rockauto, buy loaded FSVT Motorcraft calipers for a 2004 FSVT, and the mounting bolts for >$100 shipped, then source some rotors and 3mm hardened washers, and I've got a BBK? Is there any difference between the years? It looks like I can get 2004 stuff for way cheaper than 2003. When I look at the NPG site, they show brackets being included in their kit for some reason.

Yes, except its not the FSVT caliper bolts you need, they are different ones that are longer. You will need to do a search on here to get the right bolt part number (IIRC, either shaggy or myself posted it quite awhile back).

The NPG kit allows you to use your existing calipers to get the same effect. They use brackets to move the stock calipers out enough to use the FSVT rotors.

Back