• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Racing Parts

NCSUmoomba

CEG'er
So, I was looking online at the Ford Racing site and they offer parts for the current models that one would want to tune (Focus, Fiesta, Mustang, etc.). I was curious about the parts interchange with the CSVTs. We know about the Focus SVT wheels, and obviously the SVT center caps are the same, but they don't really list that they fit the Contour SVT as well. The only thing they list is the trunk SVT badge.

What I am wondering is does anyone have a copy of any of the Ford Racing Catalogs from back when our cars were the "current" models? Were there Contour parts in there? Are the part numbers still around? I know there are obsolete parts laying around in warehouses scattered around, I was just wondering is there were performance parts too. Also, if the part numbers still exist, yet the CSVT is not listed, one would assume that they would still fit, right?

Thoughts?

4-lug focus wheels will fit Contour shares the same bolt pattern 4 x108.

There are plenty of cars on here with sets of all types of OEM SVT focus wheels.

Yeah, I know that stuff... but I was wondering about other things.

For example, I was looking through some of the newer Ford Racing Parts Catalog, seeing if ANY parts would interchange, and I saw a couple that may?...

They have a billet oil filler cap cover that looks like it might fit, but only list V8s?...
The Focus Torsen T-2 for the MTX?... I guess we have a Quaife available?...
Focus brake kits?... I know some guys have made them work...

Not saying I'm looking for these parts, it is just weird to see all these Focus and Fiesta parts and not wonder what was in the Ford Catalogs back in 1998-2000?

I found some of the old ones on eBay and I ordered them, so I'll let you know if I find anything interesting. I also ordered some from back around the time of my SC's because I was curious about parts for them as well (and SHO's too).

Brian

My dad had a Ford Motorsports catalog from the early 80's. It had parts for my mustang. It was interesting seeing whats no longer available or what whats "hot" for the times.

Back