• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For the Blue color lovers..

maybe am just naive here. but wots really all the fuss about blurring out a license plate? thousands get to see it every day u drive and if they wanted it for criminal purposes, a photo is all it takes. right :shrug:

maybe am just naive here. but wots really all the fuss about blurring out a license plate? thousands get to see it every day u drive and if they wanted it for criminal purposes, a photo is all it takes. right :shrug:

So ture man i think with that pic i wanted to hide it and then said who cares i got pics of my plates all over my myspace, but i would never include it in a vid hope i remember that while shooting my movie .. haha:laugh:

Well at first glance at the thread, i thot this was gonna be one of those "official blue contour" thread. Waite? can we start one of those? are there enuff blue mistours to make a blue thread? My dream CSVT would be in Ford blue:drool:

This was my old '95, is this "Ford Blue"?

FrontRight.jpg

RearLeft_lo.jpg

And here... Here is how I want my SVT to look.... This was as close as I could get it to the color of my old '95...

SummerTourSVT640-BLUE.jpg

Last edited:
Why did you change the rear ford emblem backround from blue to green?
Then paint the rear reflector blue:shrug: :blackeye:

Why did you change the rear ford emblem backround from blue to green?
Then paint the rear reflector blue:shrug: :blackeye:

its because he didnt actually photoshop it, he adjusted the color of the whole photo.

I believe it's mostly for anonymizing identification. Mostly useful if you tend to make posts about how rich you are or all the sort of valuables you have in the car or your house. Also some people have access to DMV records and if they are dishonest they can pull addresses and use to their "benefit."

If you don't post about your possessions or things of that nature then you're pretty safe posting your license I think. I don't really own much of value at my place so I don't bother.

its because he didnt actually photoshop it, he adjusted the color of the whole photo.

What..? In the SVT pic, I used the Magic Wand tool and meticulously selected only the silver of the car. I didn't screw with the Ford emblems, I think it's reflection.

And the blue is a lot more vivid than I really wanted, I wanted the SVT to be the same color as the '95 GL above, but just didn't get that close.

I did, however, photo-chop an SVT body kit onto my now-deceased '95 GL. Sorta ghetto, but here are the results...

What-Could-Have-Been-Side.jpg

What-Could-Have-Been.jpg

What could have been... :cry:

What..? In the SVT pic, I used the Magic Wand tool and meticulously selected only the silver of the car. I didn't screw with the Ford emblems, I think it's reflection.

And the blue is a lot more vivid than I really wanted, I wanted the SVT to be the same color as the '95 GL above, but just didn't get that close.

I did, however, photo-chop an SVT body kit onto my now-deceased '95 GL. Sorta ghetto, but here are the results...

What-Could-Have-Been-Side.jpg

What-Could-Have-Been.jpg

What could have been... :cry:

looks gud like that

Not you! The FIRST poster.

LOL OK, I was looking really hard at my photochop job and trying to figure out what you were referrring to. Now I feel a little better about my dilettantish photoshop skills.

And I would LOVE to have an SVT painted the color of the above '95 GL, complete with a pre-98 trunk lid. It would stand out as original among all the CEG 'tours,, and be a real head-turner in parking lots and out on the road. In fact, I think I will do this once I get the cash. It will be my very next mod project. I really love that color.

Silver Frost is nice, but there's just so many of them, and so few options to make them unique. Not to mention that chrome rims are practically invisible on an SF car. :(

Back