• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale: Silver 99 Contour SVT

jmidway22

Be Gentle I'm New Here
I am interested in selling my Silver 99 Contour SVT. I have had modifications made to it but now looking for more of a family car. The lines look great on it with the tires just at the top of the wells giving it that sleek look.

The good:
-Quaife Diff. w/ Rebuilt tranny and upgraded internals according to terry.
-Fidanza Flywheel
-Sachs Clutch
-Koni yellows (front/back)
-BAT Racing Springs
-Alpine headunit, alpine 5-channel amp, memphis components and 2 JLW6-12.(Possibly PPI Art Series A2.300)
-Extra Parts
-Rear Interior Door Panel
-Rear Trunk Light Panel
-BM Short Throw Shifter
-Extra Rim

The Bad:
-The Front Drivers strut is damaged from wear and does nto seem to adjust. Probably needs replaced for its 9-way adjustment.
-The Front lower bumper and rear trunk lid have scrapes from being lowered.

The Ugly:
On sunday the car developed a knock and has spent the week at the dealer. The sound is more of a light tick at certain RPM's but is not noticed in driveablity. The dealer said it sounds like a wrist pin or a piston but was unsure but they advised it could be driven on since it seemed so light. The car has 125k on it but most of the parts were installed around 80-100k. It has only had Mobil 1 Full Synthetic every 3-4k.

This would be a great car for someone wanting to do a 3L conversion since the car is pretty setup for it or a mechanic with time and a lift. My brother who is a 20 year mechanic, has performed most of the work done to the car. The interior is in great shape with the stock SVT floor mats with the leather in great
shape too.

I am looking to find out what is a fair value for the car and if anyone is interested in buying it. I am located in Arlington Virginia and flexible on
delivery.
Josh

man, you are just a few months late and about a year early for me.

Why not do a 3L conversion yourself and keep on trucking? You can pick up a motor for ~$600, but not in the dc area though, that is good. I'm pulling an engine now and it isn't hard at all to do.

Thanks for the Welcome! I actually forgot my old login here but I have been a viewer for the past 2-3 years.

I am at that point where I am uniterested in working on cars for the large part (R6 has taken some precedence). Life has alot of other stress but honestly having your daily driven knocked out tops it for me. I am looking for something more family oriented and a bit more reliable.

Please pass it along.. love to sell it before christmas!

Back