• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Foglights

funinak

CEG'er
I've got a 98 SVT with standard Contour bumper covers on it. I am looking to put some foglights in and need to know IF I find a set of OEM's do I get the w/o SVT style?:shrug: Are the mountings different in the SVT bumper vs the standard contour? I have also seen where there is a difference between the pre 98's mounts and the 98 & on models. So when I am looking for foglights do I look for the 98 & newer style. I need the brackets and lights too. Any help out there? I've done some searches but have NOT found any definitive answers. Thanks

Im not sure how the non svt and svt mounting brackets were during the 98-00, but the 95-97 mounting brackets were different than the SVT ones for sure. However, they are pretty easily modifiable to make it work either way.

Thanks, I THINK I figured it out, AND I just picked up a NIB set of OEM fogs w/ brackets and everything off ebay for $80.00 shipped!:laugh:

Im not sure how the non svt and svt mounting brackets were during the 98-00, but the 95-97 mounting brackets were different than the SVT ones for sure. However, they are pretty easily modifiable to make it work either way.

thats backwards, the 95 to 97 brackets are the same as SVT brackets and the 98 to 00 SE brackets are different

search the asthetics forum as there is a thread with pictures comparing them

thats backwards, the 95 to 97 brackets are the same as SVT brackets and the 98 to 00 SE brackets are different

search the asthetics forum as there is a thread with pictures comparing them

I can assure you my brackets on my 96 did not fit my SVT fascia. :shrug:

ok here is the faq that csvt1214 put together

the part the lamp itself is mounted in is the same for pre98s and SVTs .... the pre 98 have the "bracket" the fog lamps bolt to as part of the bumper and the SVT have a bracket that mounts to the bumper and then the fog lamp mounts to the bracket

Last edited:
from what i've seen, the brackets on my SE look totally different from the SVT ones posted in a how-to.

from what i've seen, the brackets on my SE look totally different from the SVT ones posted in a how-to.

yes they should be different :confused:

I gave my .02 since i thought u weren't sure. that's all.

no I knew that the bracket that the fog lamp mounts in is the same for the pre98 and the SVT. I doubted myself for a minute when beyond said that his pre98 fog lamps wouldn't mount to the SVT bumper, I forgot that the mounting bracket was part of the pre98 bumper. I helped out with that faq on the fog lamps. the post 98 and SVT fog lamp brackets are very much different

Back