• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Foglight Parking light mod

Is there a way to do the mod and still have them turn off automatically when i turn on the high beams:shrug: i would love to do this mod, but i have to get my car inspected every year and i know it won't pass if they don't turn off automatically:blackeye:

i would think there would be a way to wire it up so that happens but I don't know enough about wiring to be able to make any suggestions ...

i tried and i couldnt figure it out. but if u put a inline switch on one of the wires it should be able to switch it so that they dont work at all or everytime u need to inspect it u can cut it?

also if u use the DRL relay techincally the lights are on so i would think you could use the fogs with them. but i guess thats not the problem

i tried and i couldnt figure it out. but if u put a inline switch on one of the wires it should be able to switch it so that they dont work at all or everytime u need to inspect it u can cut it?

also if u use the DRL relay techincally the lights are on so i would think you could use the fogs with them. but i guess thats not the problem

I know nothing about electrical work:shrug: It's like greek to me. I do know that there are new cars out there that are able to do this, so i know there must be a way to do it

Back