• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fog Light Mod Version 2.0

Fog Light Mod Version 2.0

• Yes, Liked it

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No, Didn't Like it

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

CSVT_2004

Hard-core CEG'er
Was bothered with the original fog light mod which kept the fog lights on when the high beams were activated, I like the factory style personally... So here is my link to you tube where you will find the video I made of my version... And yes the commentary sucks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6A9Q_tWw6c

I couldn't think of it when I was working tonight because I didn't have the right wiring crap up when I was looking at this earlier today... but I think I may have found a way to incorporate a relay to retain full stock lighting setup... but still allowing fogs with parking lights.... I'll write a how-to if I have success... I don't know if it will work though..

Last edited:
Just use a normally closed relay. hook up the fogs to the contacts and the high beam wire to the coil. when you turn on the high beams it energizes the coil and pulls the contacts open turning off the fogs. problem solved.

Just use a normally closed relay. hook up the fogs to the contacts and the high beam wire to the coil. when you turn on the high beams it energizes the coil and pulls the contacts open turning off the fogs. problem solved.

Yeah... the only problem with that is that the flash-to-pass is also tied into that, so you would have some pretty sweet alternating between the fogs and highs with that... I've been looking over it over and over and over, and they only way I could see of getting it to work like factory with still turning on with the parking lights would be to modify the switch itself... From my looking that is about the only way I can see of doing to get it how I want it... I think I might have a switch laying around at home, i'll take a loon this weekend and see what I can find out.... Otherwise the mod stays as is for now, just that you can have high beams with parking lights now... Should have how-to written soon..

To be honest when I did the "Foglight Mod" I had to make sure that my fogs stayed on with my high beams because I hated it when they didnt... Just because im driving with my highbeams doesnt mean theres not things that are right in front of my car I dont wanna see.... Espescially where I live.... Pothole heaven..Ugh:nonono:

Pretty sure my mod is going to stay how it is... The only way I forsee getting the fog lamps to work exactly like factory while still allowing them to turn on with the parking lights is to rewire the switch.... I'll double check and confer with some electronics friends to see if I'm missing something, then check back here... as for yamaha, don't worry I haven't forgotten about you, I'll have something for you written soon...

For times sake, I do have a switch to play with, but it while be awhile before I'll actually be able to take it apart and play with it.... so with out further ado... here is the how-to...

Fog Light Mod Version 2.0 Direct Download

*Note* -> the only thing I have not done is verified that all years of contours use the same color orange/green wire for the bypass hook up... I hope to have it checked when I get back from Milwaukee tonight.

*Update* I looked through pretty much all models and years, and they all seem to use the same orange/green wire... so no worries..

Last edited:
i'm tossing around the idea of tapping my fogs into the Parking Light / Blinkers. If i can find some translucent amber paint or film i think it might be cool. im just wondering if its possible for them to be used for blinkers, dont they have to have a "2 stage" type bulb ?

thanks, this will be nice when i finally do it. i live in Mich. so it doesn't really matter(no inspections) but it will still be nice not to have cops following me

i'm tossing around the idea of tapping my fogs into the Parking Light / Blinkers. If i can find some translucent amber paint or film i think it might be cool. im just wondering if its possible for them to be used for blinkers, dont they have to have a "2 stage" type bulb ?

You'd have to tap the 2 separate outputs for the left and right side of the fog lamps, as well as the blinker output for each side as well, so they would blink with the appropriate side, I don't know if hooking the fog lights up to the blinkers would affect the brightness or not, I'm willing to think not. I'm guessing you might have to diode isolate each fog lamp as well if you did a blinker hook up. I'd have to look at the wiring schematic again to be sure.... Wouldn't have to be a 2 stage bulb, the blinkers are just that way so you can have the parking lights on and still have a blinker without the whole bulb shutting off completely...... The blinker bulbs have 2 separate filaments.

Back