• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Focus SVT

novellino21

Veteran CEG'er
So my little brother ran into a snow bank at school last week. It ripped his bumper in half horizontally. I told him to get on the Focus SVT forums pronto and i'd help him out by checking on here for him.

Can you guys help him out? he's real tight on cash. So if you know anyone with a bumper for sale or someone parting out their svt let me asap.
PM me or email me at novellino151@hotmail.com

pics.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2100/bleh2by4.jpg
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9734/bleh3hv4.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9171/bleh4xx3.jpg
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8093/bleheu7.jpg

and his reaction
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9667/img00001iv9.jpg

Thanks North Central CEG.

Last edited:
Steve at Tousley used to be able to get them new relatively cheap (~$200-$300) iirc. It would probably need to be painted then too though. Haven't seen anybody with a spare one on the Focus forum either, only people looking for them.

There is a SVT focus for sale at a dealer near me. Go buy the whole car and transfer the bumper over. :laugh:

yeah i already checked the focus forums with him and nobody is selling a used bumper. I guess he's gonna have to get a new one from ford and get it painted.
Redlineracer, what department is steve in at tousley? If we can't get any better results i'm gonna have him get one through steve seeing it how that'd be the cheapest way to get a new one.

If anybody else finds anything, please let me know!!

yeah i already checked the focus forums with him and nobody is selling a used bumper. I guess he's gonna have to get a new one from ford and get it painted.
Redlineracer, what department is steve in at tousley? If we can't get any better results i'm gonna have him get one through steve seeing it how that'd be the cheapest way to get a new one.

If anybody else finds anything, please let me know!!

Um the parts department of course :laugh: Call them and ask for Steve. You can tell him I sent you his way (Redlineracer12/Tony) but I think he gives the group pricing to anyone who asks for him pretty much.

thanks a lot redline(tony).
I'm gonna have a look on car-part.com and see what that comes up with. Usually that site can get you almost anything you need for older cars. its how i got my cougar tranny.

I'd say just keep looking at the forums till you find one. It'll probably end up being the cheapest solution.

My buddy cracked his FSVT rear bumper last month backing out of the driveway and he was able to find one on the forums for $200.

The one time I tried calling them I was run around from dept to dept for 10 min then I hung up.

Hmm.
I have probably spent over 1k at tousley in the past year. Between Contour/Taurus parts. I have never had an issue other than having to hold for Steve. He is the one in charge of the SVT/Discount Program with tousley and as such is very busy every day.
I guess just ask for steve and wait a few minutes. Steve has been VERY helpful to me! I was even able to get BOLT specs for an 82 Mustang... He didnt have them in stock but he told me what sizes we needed so we could pick them up at a local hardware store.

Is this guy at Tousley any good to deal with? My history with them has been a dealer I completely and utterly avoid.
Why is that? Are you talking the dealership in general? Or just parts department?
Why is that?

I too will vouch for Steve at Tousley. I've spent well over $3k over between my cars and my folks. Never had an issue. You can ask for Steve or Mike M. over there if holding is a pain. They both are aware of the SVT Performance group account. I found that you usually can save as much as 50% off of MSRP. Not to mention that the parts warehouse is just down the street from Tousley Dealer so if they don't have it in stock they can usually get it within a few days.

I've used Tousley once and I don't really want to bother with them again.

I like Team Ford for it's convenience. They have a full online catalog and ordering system. My account has been upgraded by Bill to view part numbers as well. I pull up part numbers all the time for people on the forums. I can view all previous orders, track the status of the order, track shipments, etc. He is available on the forums anytime you need him. I've even made orders with him on AIM via TeamFordParts.

The one time I used Tousley, I had to find time to make the call and sit around on hold waiting to make my order.

steve is great. they are much easier to just go see for myself, as they are about 25 mins away. when i go there, i just walk behind the counter and we start looking up my parts. if i dont know what i want. if i dont know what i want, he'll walk me around so i can see everything they have in the back. it's a very cool deal steve has going for everyone. holding can be a pain, because people buying FRPP parts always like to chat with steve.

Honestly, I had bad experiences with both parts and sales. They said they had the catalytic converter for my SVT and then sent the wrong one twice to American Ford where I was getting the work done. Sales told me that an SVT Contour was too much car for someone my age (23 at the time) and wouldn't even let me drive one. After I bought Ross, I drove him over there just to rub it in.

Back