• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Focus SVT spare tire

morbid

Hard-core CEG'er
I've never seen any posts about it, so I figured that I would share my findings. The FSVT spare is an aluminum 17" and weighs 2.5lbs less than the aluminum CSVT spare. This wheel will also fit over the TCE rear brake kit (11.75")... which the CSVT spare doesn't, and was the reason I was interested in it. A local Focus SVT guy was nice enough to give me his spare!

It does have more of an offset, but still clears everything and there's a 1/4" gap between the TCE relocated caliper and the rim. Because of this increased offset, it slightly pushes the trunk cover up a little.

I've been planning on getting one as well. Mainly because then it would even fit over my FSVT rotors in the front :cool: So it's not a bad idea for anyone with the Nautilus kit...

I've been trying to find aftermarket lightweight spares for a while, and had no success. I was about to give up and just get a full (or near full) size spare. I really didn't want to go that route because of:
a) weight. Lightest 17" tire/wheel combination I could find was ~37lbs.
b) wheel would be different than my other four, which aren't available any more (not a deal breaker though).
c) size. I like having a functional trunk.

why not just do the double swap? get a flat front, put the spare on the back, back wheel on the front. thats what i would do.

While we're talking spare tire weight, some of the SVT's got the white spare instead of the steel spare. The white spare weights ~5lbs less than the steel spare. IIRC it was like 21lbs vs. 26lbs for the steel...

why not just do the double swap? get a flat front, put the spare on the back, back wheel on the front. thats what i would do.
The CSVT spare won't fit over the 11.75" rear TCE kit. You should always put the spare on the rear.. which is why I didn't bother trying to find a spare that'll fit over 13" Baer's. So, the FSVT spare should work for any brake setup (as long as it's used on the rears).

Back