• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Flowmaster

tommygun88

New CEG'er
Trying to decide which flowmaster mufflers would be the best for sound. Definitely dont want the fart-can sound at all! A nice deep rumble with a solid sound throughout acceleration.

Any ideas?

PS I already looked in the sound clips section, the flowmaster clips dont work. :nonono:

I used to have a 93 Probe with a v6 and a 2 chamber flowmaster and it sounded pretty good. Not sure on the contour though. I would suggest magnaflow. I have actually heard a svt with a magnaflow resonator and mufflers and it sounded really good.

Hehe... I think this is probably the wrong group to ask for Flowmaster suggestions. After reading all I have, listening to the sound clips, and watching YouTube videos, I'm sold on the Magnaflows for the Contours.

Hehe... I think this is probably the wrong group to ask for Flowmaster suggestions. After reading all I have, listening to the sound clips, and watching YouTube videos, I'm sold on the Magnaflows for the Contours.

word.

mine gives me the shivers every time i start it

I've got Flowmasters - true duals - on my F250, along with a K&N intake and I can say with a certain amount of confidence that it sounds like it's going wicked fast. Honestly, I don't think they helped it much. The rear pipes fell off of it earlier this year so I'll be putting a new system on it shortly and will go with either Magnaflow or Borla.

I can't say I hate them, but, I don't think they're all they're cracked up to be.

youtube: aboythatskates
i have lots of videos.
the ones of me showing off the exhaust has a smaller muffler on at that time so it was a little raspy. the 1/4 mile vids are with my current setup. and i love it.

Don't know if he'll be back, but he said his CSVT was t-boned and totalled. His post about it seemed to suggest he'd be OK and was looking for a Mustang next.

Back