• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

First Starlight Car cruise of the Year!!!!

getsum111

Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years too late.
:cool:
Memorial Day weekend, Friday the 28th. For those that don't know, this is the largest weekly car cruise on the East Coast, and the first one last year had over 3500 cars!!!! I'm definate on this, anyone else ? Ryan, Kevin, Justin, J, Randy, ????

For the folks new to the area (Ahem.....mark), you should check this one out. Link to details:
http://www.starlitecarcruise.com/

Always a good time.

Scott,

I have been waiting impatiently for the 28th. My daughter and I will be there.

I am still contemplating signing up as a vendor for at least one show.

Randy, If you have questions about vending, gimme a call. My wife works in the Pizza Hut booth, has for last 3 years, she may be able to answer some questions for you. I really believe you could generate some businsess there, lots of different types of cars that would have an interest in powder coating.

I'd love to go guys, if I'm in town we should definitely cruise up.
Now the reason I may not be in town....it involves a dyno, over 20psi, and (hopefully) 1000rwhp :)
Scott, what Pizza Hut does your wife work at?
-J

She works at the one in Wexford, delivery gal.

I need to see your Mustang. BTW, were you at Ambridge NAPA last week? Saw Silver Frost that looked like yours.

She works at the one in Wexford, delivery gal.

I need to see your Mustang. BTW, were you at Ambridge NAPA last week? Saw Silver Frost that looked like yours.

Glad you didn't say the one off 65/Rochester, I hate ordering from them--incompetent DBs.
The women drivers also make more tips, I delivered pizza back in Ohio for 3 years, 2 years in an '89 SHO, damn I miss that car :(
Can't see the Mustang until June, I'll be bringing it here after a race in MI, hopefully will have my sub-10 second license and have ran an 8.9x by then ;)
Wasn't me near Napa, but someone else obviosly has good taste.
-J

Scott.....are you guys entering your cars or just going to view all the cars?

I'd probably park in the show if I go, its free right?
Funny story, I went to the Cranberry cruise/show last year to meet some of the local Cobra guys and decided to park in the show just to get a better spot. The one guy letting the cars in said "that's not a cruise car", then one of the Cobra guys came over and told that guy "sure it is and its cleaner than your Corvette". Made me laugh.
-J

I ALWAYS park inside. The nice thing about this cruise is that they love all types of cars, from a 29 Buggatti, to a 2010 Ferrari. Even show love the the CSVT's.

I'll be there, but not sure how pretty car will look. Smashed three fingers pretty good changing head gasket on Cavalier. Looks like calipers won't be painted this week. :mad:

I'll be there, but not sure how pretty car will look. Smashed three fingers pretty good changing head gasket on Cavalier. Looks like calipers won't be painted this week. :mad:
Two things
1. OUCH!!!!!! Sorry to hear that and I truly feel your pain.

2. PAINTED WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

SInce I spent all my money on a head gasket and head bolts, there is none left over for powder coating. :cry:

But I have that dark metallic green that is so close to the color and I do owe you for the wrench time :shrug: one of these days I am going to get those calipers coated :laugh:

Last edited:
Randy, you don't owe me for wrench time, that's free. I used to charge xx beers per job, but now that I don't drink, my rates have gotten much cheaper. I think my last job for Ryan was for a 4pack of Monster Energy drinks. Wow, inflation sucks, huh. :laugh:

Hey guys, It's been a while since I've been on here. I will be at the Starlight cruise tomorrow night. But I'm not showing my car. My brother is also coming and might show his.

Scott, I'll give you a call when I get there. P.S. My brother said he spotted your car the other day.

Going to Chicago to look at a 3L turbo SVT for my friend (you guys met him at Station Square last year) then off to pick-up/work on the Mustang, I will plan on being at the next one.
-J

Back