• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

finally!

whodoescare

CEG'er
finally after many tries to clear up my old (stock) lenses i gave up and shortly after found a pair of TYC headlights at the local harry's junkyard. so 45$ later and 3 (total) baking sessions i had the new lenses off and decided to try and use them on the stock housing. they didnt fit. as i already had the painted part from the stock headlights painted, i used that in the TYC headlights and everything went together very well. now i just have to wait for it to dry, head out and buy more silicone, and do the other one. heres a pic of how it looks :)

0513080022fy2.jpg

hopefully it looks good on my silver frost :)

yes i did, 2 BRAND NEW ones too... and to add to it they were already taken off the vehicle. 45$ for the pair isnt bad. i also got upgraded cupholder, power antenna (my spoiler doesnt allow me to open trunk while car is running, but i did so it bent), and i think thats about it, it was my first time and just going to check stuff out.

you suck :p.

I've been there like a dozen times and never found new headlamps. Where were they stashed? Or did you go to the "parts building"?

LOL

they were in a silver frost in one of the closer rows at the beginning of the ford section, on the left side. and if you went to the right there would be 2 more contours. this is the pennsburg one btw.

and thanks loco, after all that hard work im glad to hear someone thinks theyre nice

LOL

they were in a silver frost in one of the closer rows at the beginning of the ford section, on the left side. and if you went to the right there would be 2 more contours. this is the pennsburg one btw.

and thanks loco, after all that hard work im glad to hear someone thinks theyre nice

Your welcome:laugh:. If this was your first time doing a project like that, I say the satisfaction you got after looking at the finished product and being able to tell people that fact will get you many more compliments.

oh you better believe it! this was my first time and it took more work than expected which is another reason im so happy lol. just letting the other one seal shut overnight tonight and tomorrow after work ill put them on :) ill try and get pics too but they will have to be from cameraphone like the previous :(

They came out nice Zac! Good job.

you suck :p.

I've been there like a dozen times and never found new headlamps. Where were they stashed? Or did you go to the "parts building"?

You go to Harry's? Isn't that kinda far?
The one zac went to is even farther than the Harry's in Hazleton. This particular yard has quite a few unmolested tours to pick through. :cool: It's smaller than the one in Hazleton too.

They came out nice Zac! Good job.

You go to Harry's? Isn't that kinda far?
The one zac went to is even farther than the Harry's in Hazleton. This particular yard has quite a few unmolested tours to pick through. :cool: It's smaller than the one in Hazleton too.

Yea it is. I go there when I visit some friends over out in Sunberry area

i just found out when i went to install them that the 2 places where its screwed onto the car are broke :( but the 3rd spot holds it in pretty well, as well as partially on one of the 2 spots that are broken off. they seem to be on there pretty good though, and let me tell you they look awesome! pics to come

aww man.. so it rained today, and turns out i guess i didnt seal them correctly because one had plenty of water on the inside of the lens and the other had what looked like the bathroom mirror after you get out of the shower, but only around the edge at certain spots.

so my question is, should i let them dry out and then reseal them without taking them apart? if so should i use new sealant? i used clear silicone II, 100% silicone sealant "window and door".

or should i take them apart again :( and then reseal them all up?

also the lenses have a small small circle (hole) on the lower middle part if you were looking at the front of the car. the stock headlights as well as my other ebay brand dont have them, so i sealed them up. was this the right decision? i just wanna be able to keep them in all the time, and now i have my old ones back in. thanks

eh... i resealed them and guess what

the one still fogs :nonono: im just gonna take em out if anyone wants to pick em up for free theyre all yours

Back