• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

finally an awd contour build

Well little update tore the transfer case down to clean and replace all the seals and check for excess wear… everything checks out… one more final clean… also a photo of the planetary seals that I replaced, had to press the shaft out from the inside of the gearsDC858F8B-30DC-408B-A6E0-AB2498161806.jpegAD19007F-03FC-4144-94C5-CF652C71E1C0.jpeg

Another small update, electric power steering output shaft is shortened so I can fit it under the dash, going to use some universal joints to connect to the rack. I haven’t decided if I want to extend the column out further. I was also contemplating a pedal box and scooting the shifter back but I probably won’t address these things until the future with fine tuning…95BF63D6-3F68-40A3-91DB-D27E90F6660C.jpeg3B0DB18B-5E14-4890-806E-CF077123D055.jpeg

Another update, reworked some sort of aftermarket contour header to fit the jag transfer case setup, a guy in the jag forum had NPG make a set but he had told me it would cost somewhere around $2000 for a set, I’m not gonna speculate how much this cost me but let’s just say 10x cheaper19F35921-FBF0-41C8-A447-A96AFBC2818B.jpeg

The front frame rails will get some extra plating when it’s cage time aswell… here’s my progress with the abs delete/ wilwood proportioning valve install….View attachment 13405View attachment 13406
I'm in the process of redoing all my brake lines and I'd love to go this route if you've got any info to share. Also, I love how you're quietly dropping the biggest bombshell the contour community has seen in well over a decade. Can't wait to see it finished!

I'm in the process of redoing all my brake lines and I'd love to go this route if you've got any info to share. Also, I love how you're quietly dropping the biggest bombshell the contour community has seen in well over a decade. Can't wait to see it
That’s the link I have here to to proportioning valve from willwood at Amazon, for the lines I’m using a style of brake line that’s nickel copper, I bought a kit off eBay in 3/16 size with a boatload of fittings. I had to buy metric 3/16 fitting specifically for the master cylinder. I reused the fittings for the soft lines because the flare is different between the wilwood unit and the contours

I have a whole lot of updates for the car, it’s too the point where I’m basically just refilling the oils and fitting the custom steering column I’ve made up

I will post pics here when I get a chance to get away from my builds, but I’m happy to report that the drive shaft from front to rear fit Perfectly with a perfect median for adjustment on the carrier bearing mount

The steering column is at my guys shop we’re gonna make the thing a thing ha.. this picture is a tough idea of what’s going on here… I shaved the contour column as much as possible… chopped it so to say and I’m going to be integrating the electric motor into the column with a piece of pipe stretched, 1.5 Id on electric motor side and 2 inch on the column side. I’ll post pics after 0C948144-59E2-43AA-8887-2DE3F5203A89.jpeg

Ok so drive shaft in… I had cut the tunnel out of the Jaguar and drilled the spot welds on the carrier bearing mount plate… it’s bolted in now until I drop it off for the true dual…..D00526F6-5A86-46E5-A3C1-B182205ECB74.jpeg5E9C626E-F0BE-45B7-9EEC-33D411218FA5.jpeg

New wheel bearings… new driveshaft carrier bearing, the whole car has been refilled and happy to say there are no leaks had cardboard down for about a week now everything’s dry… the Jaguar transfer case seal woes are resolved, went to the jY for some manual window regulators, and found a beautiful low mile crashed X type… almost took a transfer case for spare, but I told Satya I’m pulling the contour dash and I’m gonna set notifications on my row52 for X types because I’m going to be putting an X type dash in… has to be black because the late models had a special edition that had carbon fiber dash inlays…. Carbon inlays available on Amazon new HAH

Oh and the crash bar just had to be swapped over with jag dash, and contour cluster personally looks like a bolt in so find that out later

Phone is twacked out lol tried to post both at same time anyways, I deleted the ac core in the box… and mounted the heater in its place so I could shave off all the extra weight on heater box… some could say over kill but I’ve deleted everything possible so every lb counts… I won’t do any interior photos until it’s finnished but this whole heater box thing almost convinced me to make this car center drive… as in pedal box in front of heater with master cylinders mounted to pedals… mount column in the middle.. mount seat on trans tunnel, I even put the seat there to test it out.. Shifters are cable so ya lol4C189C32-29B5-4F3B-910A-618F53D2B3A6.jpeg

Back