• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

finally an awd contour build

I’m going to shave the bay and get a pedal box so no master cylinder for super easy access and maintenance.. for now it’s all about getting it back on its feet and drive ability

The reason the imrc mounts are cut is because I was going to mount the coil pack in the front… but the beauty cover didn’t fit so I gave up oops! Imrc is under the air box zip tied to the Jaguar trans mount another haha because f that little box

The plan is stand-alone when I get the balls to order it. Going for Jaguar s type 3l with individual throttle bodies by jenvey and some nitrous (maybe depends on rules)

Me and Satya have been trying to get ahold of the lemons race car guy from like 2017 that had bought one of those cages, car seems down so hoping he will part with it for a cheap cage instead of ordering the one from Europe new £800 quid

Yes the bullit cap needs some washers for a better fit so light hits right and doesn’t make it look darker, going to Finnish that when the weather lightens up so I can Finnish mounting the mk1 mondeo rs spats (flares), cool fact the front spats are factory ford parts but the rears are actually custom from some guy Satya knows in europe… I doubt they’re is many examples of the full spats and for a fact these are the only ones in the united states

And yes the side skirts are custom. Cut up an inch or so with a flat on the bottom, I will be completely plating the bottom in thin aluminum sheet for aero. These will be functional

This is the very common Miata Jaguar Duratec 3l swap with itb. In order to put a 3l s type motor in a Jaguar X type (240bhp stock made for rwd) you must take the X type timing cover and swap it to the s type motor for transverse mounting.1D3AFC1C-5600-4D5C-ACE3-707A5D481D7A.jpeg

also when it comes to lowering the rear of the contour now with the awd rear subframe, Jaguar guys are very limited, also the geometry changes too much to lower without bad alignment specs. but thanks to ford re using all their crap on all the cars from the era, I have found the parts I need for full adjustment of the rear. Mazda 3 adjustable tubular upper control arms and toe arms. I’ll be doing custom track/trailing arms with custom mounts and universal panhard bars. I’d like to weld new mounts for rear coilovers

As it sits waiting on bc front coilovers, I cut the back springs for the **** of it… all tubular adjustable arms going in, got half of them. Everything is on back order basically but it’s ordered. Sway bars come after track tests, wheels come after suspension mods. Custom rear control arms going in to mount coilovers.. been looking at motorcycle rear shocks because of the design and such high spring rates because of the armature. Long story boring going as low as possible for the track. Lexan windows etc. got the cage ready to go in. Exhaust gets finnished at the same time. Will post. Hoping to hit the track next winter. Anyways tap inn8DD6F53C-E0E8-4C4E-8151-E16099ECD9CD.jpeg

Bc coilovers here on Tuesday, got my hands on some prt strut tops for running 240sx camber plates, bc makes camber plates for the 240 so hoping I can go with those… going to Finnish the eps steering column next Friday, then schedule for the cage to go in, got it from this ugly thing “pinky” they paid 3400 for it back in 2017 butttt I paid 100 for the whole car😂50DA8507-D3D5-408F-B5B9-50772205B1D5.jpegCB84534B-E7BF-4A21-8B5B-7E3EDE26E313.jpeg

Back