• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Few TruBenz exhaust questions

Went to look up the price on the trubendz exhausts, and their site seems to be a thing of the past or they are having it redone.

Yeah, but they are very responsive on the phone - I talked to them a few weeks ago, very nice. Still debating about ordering (and what to order).

Hey everybody, not trying to do a thread Resurrection, but, I figured my question probably belonged in here...

What exactly does a TruBendz exhaust system come with? I called and left a message about it. All of their 'kits' show only one muffler, I hope it's just to represent what you're getting when you order; I thought most kits came with two...

need to read the website closer. there are two kinds of kits, resontated and non-resonated. the non-resonated kits only come with a muffler, which is located where the stock resonator is located. the resonated kits have a muffler where the stock resonator is located and two resonators where the stock mufflers would be located.

There is a variety of combinations you can order - as I only needed one piece to replace a rusted section of my exhaust, they made up that single piece for me and charged me $40. I had no need or desire for more stuff to go unused. Very helpful and willing to work with you.

need to read the website closer. there are two kinds of kits, resontated and non-resonated. the non-resonated kits only come with a muffler, which is located where the stock resonator is located. the resonated kits have a muffler where the stock resonator is located and two resonators where the stock mufflers would be located.

I did read the website it states:

NOTE: If a resonator is shown in the same product category as your car model, then we can add it.

The Contour's and the Cougar's pages do not list the resonator option; which is why I asked the question... Either way, thanks for the info since it does seem to be accurate. A TruBendz rep just contacted me and we are discussing the options.

Thanks,

Brian

maybe they have changed their offering for the palteform. There was always a resonated and non-resonated option in the past.

Just spoke with TurBendz on the phone. They will still add a set of resonators at the time of purchase. When they did the change-over to the Mandrel Exhaust page, somethings didn't get transferred properly, and they are going to address that soon. At any rate, the options BrApple mentioned are still available.

i was wondering this too, i noticed that the resonator option was gone, kept me from ordering from them. good to know.

I finally got my full Trubendz Magnaflow resonated system hung - with one exception - the front resonator (where the stock one sits) wouldn't fit. Trubendz said to bend the heat shield out of the way, but my mechanic would have none of it as the brake lines are underneath, so he put a piece of straight pipe in. When he called me to pick it up, all he said was "it is LOUD". He's right - actually, it sounds awesome, and it is high quality. But the drone is damn near killing me. Trubendz has been really cool about it; they are sending me an oval Magnaflow. I hope that solves the drone. One of my friends said it was giving her a migraine.

One of my friends with a Grand Cherokee SRT-8 said that Borla now sends out with their cat-back system a venturi device to lessen the drone, and from he's heard, it really works. All I could find out there for sale is this: http://techtonicstuning.com/main/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_11_4_17&products_id=759 The guys at Trubendz said they had no idea if it would work or not but they would really like to know. My plan is to get the new Magnaflow and if drone isn't killed or greatly reduced, cough up the $15 for this and experiment with it. Anyone else heard of these venturi devices?

Back