• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wicked buck when accelerating from stop (codes 211 & 214)

ck42

CEG'er
This just started this morning.

It otherwise runs decently...has a smooth idle and accelerates OK.
It seems to be confined to when I'm accelerating. No sign of it while cruising or only lightly accelerating.
It even *appears* that if I start off from a stop VERY gently that I can avoid the buck.

The thing is, this is a crazy wicked buck. It's like someone just disconnected battery for a fraction of a second. (Battery connection is fine)

It also started throwing some intermittent CELs. Not sure what codes those are though.
The ones that were stored are 211 and 214, which I've NEVER heard of on these forums before.

You sure the first code is P0211?

P0211Injector Circuit Malfunction - Cylinder 11

P0214Cold Start Injector 2 Malfunction

Check your injector on cylinder 2, it might be stuck open or plugged.

To test the injector, take off the fuel rail, move the injector over to another cylinder, put it all back together, erase the codes, drive around to get the code again, pull the codes, if the code jumps over to the cylinder where you just installed the faulty injector, then there is your problem. All you would need to do at that point is go buy a replacement injector.

fixed.

Apparently, when I was disconnecting electrical connections the day before, there must have been an intermittent connection. I went back through and cleaned off the connectors I had undone and gave them a good plugging back together. No sign of the problems now.

Back