• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fall meet 10/15

rouar

fixer
Admin
Post if you can make it!
Please check this post before Saturday, as I am still working out the details for the cruise and the initial location may change.

9:30am - Meet and greet
TBD - Location may change
Miles Travel Plaza (Sunoco and Dunkin Donuts)
392 Hooksett Road
Auburn, NH 03032-3991

10:00am - Start cruise up to the lakes region
Current route

12:30pm - Arrive in Meredith and get tickets
Winnipesaukee Railroad - Meredith NH
http://www.hoborr.com/winni.html
$15 adult, $10 child
Train ride starts at 2:30 and is 2 hours

1:00 - A light lunch in downtown Meredith (picnicking or outdoor meal). Be back at the train station by 2:15

2:15 - Walk back to the train station and board

4:30pm - If there is interest, we can have dinner in Meredith or Laconia. I have some friends in the area who will have recommendations. Very likely it will be on our way back toward the highway.

Last edited:
we are planing on making the fall meet. Slightly prefereable to be out this way but either location would be fine.

I didn't get out to western MA today so that will be out. I did scope the lakes region yesterday and found some good areas. In the interest of time we will use the Winnipesaukee Railroad in Meredith as the focal point. Downtown Meredith is a great place to walk around for lunch and see the boats as they dock for one of the last few good weekends of the year.

I am a little disappointed with the initial cruise route so I am going to get opinions for scenic routes. Unfortunately, a lot of the best rural roads are unpaved in this region and I had to stick to the state roads. It started to get interesting around Gilmanton. If the cruise route changes dramatically, the initial meet location will also change.

The SVT started to act up on my way home today (really bad throttle hang) so I might be a troll for this meet if I don't fix it in time. :)

I can make it :)

I would be passing on dinner with you guys though because I am attending a friend's birthday party at 6:30.

I will have to get my car washed before then. Then it will look at least 1/4 as nice as all of your cars, LOL.

Awesome :)
I took the SVT out for a half hour today, highway and back roads, no TH today and idle was firm at 650.

If you have any suggestions for the cruise let me know. I won't be able to scope roads in the area the rest of the week, so the route may stay as is.
I do wish the dirt roads were paved. There was some peaceful scenery out there:
616190363_photobucket_8010_.jpg

Nope, we're sticking to the well-paved state roads. The consequence is that it's a relatively dull drive from Candia to Alton.

we normally do, so I don't see why not. The more people the better.

And however bad this sounds I was thinking about not going if there wasn't enough interest ..... basically sounded like it was going to be Matt, Angela and I. Its a long drive to not have a few more people there. Glad to hear others will be going.

Last edited:
Smallest fall meet ever :/
The meet location will remain the same. Some of the route will change slightly but overall we'll keep on course for Meredith. I am going to keep an eye on the news and monitor the flood warning to make sure it does not impact the cruise. The rain is subsiding in early morning so it should be a good day.
See you tomorrow at 9:30!

Had a good time today with Brian, Angela and Ted! I didn't get many pictures on my camera, but Brian and Angela have us covered with about 200 or so taken. Cruise was more fun than I anticipated, and we got some great views of the lake, passing storms and rainbow from the train. Homestead was satisfying as usual, never a bad meal there.

I'm feeling a little motivated now to fix up the SVT and enjoy it some more before putting it away for the winter.

Wow, I feel bad that I totally missed this. I guess I should check CEG more often. It looks like you had a good time though.

We both had a good time yesterday. The cruise and train were great as well as dinner. The rainbow was something else. The pictures are uploading right now. Will post the link when they are done.

Back