• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

F-1 Racing

the $75 deal is called the mini grand prix...and in my opinion is a waste of money...F1 gets really booked up around the holidays and this is actually their slower time so doing the 2 day booking in advance isnt a real issue as long as people can be flexible with what time we race on sunday...but again everyone would know on that friday what time the race/races were on sunday...did that clear anything up?

btw the $20 for 20 laps is only in affect on sundays...which is what i pointed out, maybe she failed to mention that part

Yeah, she definitely didn't mention the $20 Sunday-only deal. That's why I was confused about the prices. The info that I had regarding the "Arrive & Drive" I got directly from the website. She only mentioned to me that they can't guarantee availability on Sundays, due to pre-booked private parties, unless someone with a yearly license reserves the track, which they can do only 2 days in advance.

So, now that I am no longer confused :D I think the $20 Sunday thing sounds like a good plan. Is everyone else still on board with that? Mike (Respect) can reserve the track the Thursday before we go, and we can play the BBQ time by ear based on what time we end up getting the track for? As the date draws nearer, we can all PayPal the cash to him?

Last edited:
yeah, thats the thing i was talking about.
when i went there on my 30th birthday to get my license the chick explained it to me, i dont rememebr the details but that is pretty much it.

Mike, like Robin said (typed), if you can do the reserving for us, just let us know what teh costs are and we will pay you.
if you can figure out the prices before hand, iam sure none of us will have a problem paying you in advance.

also i thought the lady told me that the $20 might include a day license for those without, or maybe not.
i suck

Sunday the 8th should be fine for Mike and I.
I think we may lose Trapps that day though.

I don't think I could handle back to back races. One will be good enough for me. I race like a granny. :eek:

And if nothing pans out, well there's always BoobieQ

Where is my brain????

Where is my brain????

Sunday the 8th should be fine for Mike and I.

Eek. Apparently I had my days all mixed up, too. When I was talking to the lady at the race track, I kept mentioning July 7th (that is what we were originally planning for, right?) -- so maybe that's why she never mentioned the special $20 Sunday deal. And when y'all were talking about the $20 deal, I guess I didn't realize that that would be a different day than I was talking to her about and, hence, the $20 deal. D'oh! Sorry.

So, we are now planning for Sunday July 8th? Let's start a new RSVP list. (And as the date gets closer and we know what time we will have the track, please PM me for address/directions to our house for the BBQ--I just don't want to post that publicly on the internet, yannow?) ;)

1. Robin (the_robinator)
2. Jason (bishop375)
3. Mark (Trapps) ????
4. Kim (frenchblueC2)
5. Mike (Cobra)
6. Brian ???
7. Mike (elky)
8. Jess (the wife)
9. Mike #3 (Respect)
10. Meg (she pimps the GLI) ???
more?..........

reserving its no problem, but like i said i have to pay up front so if you guys dont mind paypaling me that would work out great, just add how many races you want to do next to your name...that is if anyone wants to do more than one

1. Robin (the_robinator)
2. Jason (bishop375)
3. Mark (Trapps) ????
4. Kim (frenchblueC2)
5. Mike (Cobra)
6. Brian ???
7. Mike (elky)
8. Jess (the wife)
9. Mike #3 (Respect) - 2 races
10. Meg (Respects GF) - 1 race

1. Robin (the_robinator)
2. Jason (bishop375)
3. Mark (Trapps) ????
4. Kim (frenchblueC2)
5. Mike (Cobra)
6. Brian ???
7. Mike (elky) - 2 races
8. Jess (the wife) - 2 Races (but i could be wrong)

1. Robin (the_robinator)
2. Jason (bishop375)
3. Mark (Trapps) ????
4. Kim (frenchblueC2)
5. Mike (Cobra)
6. Brian - 2 races
7. Mike (elky) - 2 races

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but given all the confusion, I decided to ask the people at the track about the $20 for 20 laps deal. She wrote in an email to me: "It was a special we ran a long time ago. We don't do that anymore." I then called her on the phone to double and triple check, because I didn't want Mike to get screwed by collecting only $20 from people and then having to pay more to reserve the track......Here's the deal:

Mike (because he has the yearly license) can call 2 days in advance and reserve a Sunday July 8th "Arrive & Drive" track time for us. The cost per person will be $10.00 for a Day License (or $25 if you want to get a yearly), plus $25.00 per race. Each race consists of 5 laps of practice, followed by a 10 lap race.

I figure the different cost and different number of laps for the money versus what people want to spend and the minimum number of laps that people want to get in might warrant a revisit of the Mini Grand Prix idea……

2 Arrive & Drive races
30 laps total – 5 practice, 10 regular, 5 practice, 10 regular
$10 for the license, plus $25 for each race
TOTAL per person = $60

Mini Grand Prix for up to 12 people
Each person gets at least 30 laps (three 10-lap qualifying races)
Plus a 15-lap final race for the high scorers
License included
And we get to reserve the track now (either Saturday or Sunday, the prices don’t change)
TOTAL per person = $75

We are good with whatever everyone else wants to do……

1. Robin (the_robinator) – definitely 1 race, maybe 2, cool with Mini Grand Prix
2. Jason (bishop375) – definitely 1 race, maybe 2
3. Mark (Trapps) ????
4. Kim (frenchblueC2)
5. Mike (Cobra)
6. Brian - 2 races
7. Mike (elky) - 2 races

OR

1 Arrive & Drive race
15 laps total – 5 practice, 10 regular
$10 for the license, plus $25 for each race
TOTAL per person = $35

$35 per person is about as much as I'm willing to spend.
Plus money for food/drinks at the bbq.

I'm down for the $35 arrive/drive. It's fun, without getting too frustrating or too hot- sitting on a plastic seat over an engine in a racing suit, head cover, and a helmet isn't the model of comfort you might expect it to be.

ive been racing at F1 since '02 and that 20 for $20 deal was going on then and it was going up til 6 months ago..i didnt think it was a promotional thing at all...thats weird, sorry for false info then :(

EDIT...they got rid of it in october... :shrug: i just called

Last edited:
ive been racing at F1 since '02 and that 20 for $20 deal was going on then and it was going up til 6 months ago..i didnt think it was a promotional thing at all...thats weird, sorry for false info then :(

EDIT...they got rid of it in october... :shrug: i just called

No worries. Really. At least we all got to the bottom of the confusion.
:)

So the verdict seems to be a Sunday July 8th Arrive & Drive. There is more than a few of us who don't want to completely break the bank with a Mini Grand Prix, and I am sure we can all agree that the less money spent the better, plus it wouldn't be fair to exclude anyone by booking a Mini Grand Prix when others don't want to pay that much.......

Mike, please PM your email address to everyone so that they can PayPal funds to you, and then call the track the Friday before we ride and try to reserve us a late-morning time slot. If late-morning doesn't work, maybe shoot for early-mid evening (this way, we can have the BBQ around Noon-ish in either case). If we have to take a different time other than those, we'll work the BBQ around it.

I will PM directions to our house to all those that RSVP.

And, the "final'" list.....

1. Robin (the_robinator) – definitely 1 race, maybe 2
2. Jason (bishop375) – 1 race
3. Mark (Trapps) ????
4. Kim (frenchblueC2)
5. Mike (Cobra)
6. Brian - 2 races
7. Mike (elky) - 2 races

Last edited:
PS -- you don't have to do the F-1 Racing to come to the BBQ. So, if there are people who want to come to the BBQ, but not race, be sure to let us know so that we can send you directions and times. :)

Would love to head to the BBQ and see you guys but I have a 7-7-7 wedding that weekend.

Since there is no special deal on Sundays anymore, do people want to move the whole event back to Saturday the 7th, so that we don't lose Trapps......or should we just leave it on Sunday the 8th so that we have a better chance of getting a good track time?

Back