• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Extreme Dimensions / svt4stv Duraflex Splitter (Mirko)

Hmm, yeah I would have expected it to be a bit more snug judging by the last pix we had before production. However what I would have done is put some strong doublesided tape on the whole edge before bolting it on to get it to fit really snug. I'm sure the material would allow it to bend and fit a bit tighter. Someone should try that and see if it helps. Thanks for the pix and taking the time to get it installed quickly.

i think it looks fine, having had an original mirko i can say mine didnt fit much better,plus i like how it wraps the bumper.....and no more bare spots from where the fg wore the paint away.

Personally, I think it would look a lot better painted to match. The wrap around though looks to be 100x's better than before. I am sure someone will fine a good way to get it to fit up just fine, weather it will be via a rubber molding or the 3m tape. Personally though, I have had to use 3M tape for a piece of trim on the wifes solara....and after 2 years and fairly extreme temps (-55F to 95F) it has held just fine.

Personally, I think it would look a lot better painted to match. The wrap around though looks to be 100x's better than before. I am sure someone will fine a good way to get it to fit up just fine, weather it will be via a rubber molding or the 3m tape. Personally though, I have had to use 3M tape for a piece of trim on the wifes solara....and after 2 years and fairly extreme temps (-55F to 95F) it has held just fine.

I agree. I test fit it to the silver frost for the pictures because of the contrast. I do plan on painting it and installing it on my black car.

Quik Z06 said:
Hmm, yeah I would have expected it to be a bit more snug judging by the last pix we had before production. However what I would have done is put some strong doublesided tape on the whole edge before bolting it on to get it to fit really snug. I'm sure the material would allow it to bend and fit a bit tighter. Someone should try that and see if it helps. Thanks for the pix and taking the time to get it installed quickly.

You're welcome. This was only to get the initial feel for it. As it was only a test fit to get some pictures up, I didn't want to make a long-term installation. I do think it will fit better using more than just the two bolts, though. I'm personally happy with it. It fits better than the original, and the wrap around is a huge improvement.

I think you should post pictures of it on the black car to give a hint of what it will look like with the paint matched, as it'll be somewhat close. People might be less hard on it then.

Well, as expected, I missed the delivery. They attempted at 11:41am... so yea not gonna happen on a week day. I called them up on my lunch break and they told me that they would have to see if I could pick it up at the facility (even though I did it before when I got my turbo parts from NPG) . Then they came back on the phone after putting me on hold and said they relayed my information to the facility and that they would call me tomorrow morning to let me know if I could pick it up :nonono: So it looks like I won't have it until sometime after 7pm tomorrow at the earliest since the facility they have it at is basically on the other side of the Twin Cities near the WI border.

Go figure... Fed Ex never called me. I had to call them as I was leaving work and they told me that they apologize for not calling me back, but they have it on hold at the St. Paul facility... aka Mahtomedi. Looks like I won't be getting it until tomorrow ugh... you know there are good reasons for requiring a signature for receiving a package, but it really makes it a major PITA sometimes.

Back